• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

J- Code GT/CS Raven Black on E bay

classicsguy

ITEM#130195260673 Someone please post link.

This is the second time around E bay for this car, it did not meet reserve last time at $13,500.00

Its a J-code Factory Raven black car(now dark blue) looks like a pretty solid project.

Mosesatm

The foglights have both the posts and the Shelby pedestals under them.

davidathans

So what your saying is that this blue CS should have only the posts or only the shelby pedestals, not both, right?

here is a picture of the car your talking about
and then there is an old picture of my car with the shelby pedestals

Attachments

• pedestals.jpg
    pedestals.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 61
  • PC021918 (Custom).JPG
    PC021918 (Custom).JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 61

Mosesatm

So what your saying is that this blue CS should have only the posts or only the shelby pedestals, not both, right?

here is a picture of the car your talking about
and then there is an old picture of my car with the shelby pedestals

Yep, one or the other, but not both. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

franklinair

:confused: Please clarify the 3 configurations: Marchal, Shelby with pedestals, posts. I'm confused:confused:
Neil

Mosesatm

:confused: Please clarify the 3 configurations: Marchal, Shelby with pedestals, posts. I'm confused:confused:
Neil

Here are the 2 proper installations.

On the left is the correct Lucas installation on the posts.

On the right is the correct Marchal installation. The Marchals do not have pedestals or posts because they attach to the bracket in the grille, as on the red car.

Oops, sorry Don, I meant "on the maroon car".

David's car (in the previous post) shows Lucas lights on Shelby pedestals

Attachments

• 806332_53_full.jpg
    806332_53_full.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

quicknick

To clarify, the pic on the right shows the standard mounting brackets that came in the box with those lights. (not correct for a CS) They are not "Shelby posts". No such thing. Shelby just utilized the Lucas brackets. Correct me if I'm wrong. N

Mosesatm

To clarify, the pic on the right shows the standard mounting brackets that came in the box with those lights. (not correct for a CS) They are not "Shelby posts". No such thing. Shelby just utilized the Lucas brackets. Correct me if I'm wrong. N

Correct, but since most people don't know what part was supplied in the Lucas box we call them Shelby pedestals since they were used on the '68 Shelbys.

Mosesatm

On the left is a picture of Marchal lights (they may be clones since they look larger than normal Marchals) installed on GT/CS posts. This layout is not correct either. Nor are the amber lenses.

On the right is a photo of how the lights are installed on the eBay car. Looks like it has been done before!

Attachments

• i-California Special 002.jpg
    i-California Special 002.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Pedestals on Posts.jpg
    Pedestals on Posts.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

franklinair

OK, just so I understand this. My Lucas lights have about a 1" square chrome base mounted directly to the lower grille panel as shown in davidathan's photo above. Can I assume this is correct?
Neil

gazrox

Here's a link to the pedestals that I ordered from Tony Branda - I'm assuming these are correct as I am a long way from installing them yet.

http://www.cobranda.com/caspgtlulipe.html

(well that link button didn't quite work how I thought it would - but, you can always paste the address to your browser!)

Has anyone used these particular parts from Tony Branda?

Mosesatm

OK, just so I understand this. My Lucas lights have about a 1" square chrome base mounted directly to the lower grille panel as shown in davidathan's photo above. Can I assume this is correct?
Neil

As Nick stated, those are not correct. Those 1" chrome pedestals are the standard Lucas bases. They were also used on the '68 Shelbys.

When the Marchal lights were recalled and replaced with the Lucas lights it is possible that many dealers incorrectly used the 1" chrome bases instead of the proper GT/CS posts so some original-owner cars may have the 1" pedestals just because the dealer made a mistake.

Are the 1" pedestals correct? Technically, no, since the cars didn't come from the factory that way but due to the dealer influence in this whole mess it's probably not fair to say they are incorrect.

franklinair

Anyone have a photo of the correct Lucas lights/mounting? As I said, my Lucas lights have a square base (approx 1" square) mounted directly onto the grille lower panel. I purchased a set of the pedestals, but did not install them as it seemed strange to mate a round pedestal to a square base (square peg in a round hole syndrome). Do I have correct/incorrect Lucas lights? Clarification would be a BIG help.
Neil

Mosesatm

Anyone have a photo of the correct Lucas lights/mounting? As I said, my Lucas lights have a square base (approx 1" square) mounted directly onto the grille lower panel. I purchased a set of the pedestals, but did not install them as it seemed strange to mate a round pedestal to a square base (square peg in a round hole syndrome). Do I have correct/incorrect Lucas lights? Clarification would be a BIG help.
Neil

See post #7, the picture on the left. Just throw the 1" base away and use the long post in its place.

gtcs1

See post #7, the picture on the left. Just throw the 1" base away and use the long post in its place.

What is installed below the post on the photo in post #7, there seems to be a washer there?