• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 What size of cam shaft to put in

green56

Want to replace my cam shaft on my 68 I still can not get my car to run right I can not it to idle unless you keep guy our foot on the gas timing fine carb is fine we will look at the timing chane the car is a289 two. Bl auto all stock .So if any body could help on a cam shaft a name part number and were to get it any advice would help

franklinair

Try spraying some light lubricant (WD40, LPS1) around the base of the carb. (You may have a vacuum leak) The spray will temporarily seal a vacuum leak (gasket) and the engine will smooth out temporarily.

Neil

BigJim

Personally I would not introduce another variable (new cam) until you resolve your current issues.

OP
OP
G

green56

What size cam shaft

Work on carb last summer change jets to a 53 check float it is a copper float w e will try spraying the vac lines and around the carb I know what you guys are saying about the carb and vac lines. The when. You are at a stop sign Or light it speeds up and then dies so have to turn up the idle speed to keep it runningi if this is not the problem with the carb and vac lines would the next thing be the cam shaft?