• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New GTCS Owner

g scott

Hello All, Just purchased a 68 GTCS 8R01C156157. A Gulfstream Aqua car that really needs help at this time. Now I'm no longer a GTCS wanna be civilian but an owner. I've been looking for a CS for a year now since I sold my B2 last spring. I really enjoy this site and hope to learn more about these cars and in the future meet some other members on the site. I haven't met a bad Mustang owner yet. I restore my own cars and like to attend car shows. Some state wide mostly local. I'm a member of Golden Empire Mustang Club based in Bakersfield, CA. I've lived here in Porterville my whole life. (Which goes back to the 1950's. lol.) Was a Plaster,Drywall,General Builder for over 30 years here. Now I'm in my shop daily working on friends cars making them new again. It's alot more fun than climbing scaffold and ladders.

Last edited:

Forsche

Hello All, Just purchased a 68 GTCS 8R01C156157. A Gulfstream Aqua car that really needs help at this time. Now I'm no longer a GTCS wanna be civilian but an owner. I've been looking for a CS for a year now since I sold my B2 last spring. I really enjoy this site and hope to learn more about these cars and in the future meet some other members on the site. I haven't met a bad Mustang owner yet. I restore my own cars and like attend car shows. Some state wide mostly local. I'm a member of Golden Empire Mustang Club based in Bakersfield, CA. I've lived here in Porterville my whole life. (Which goes back to the 1950's. lol.) Was a Plaster,Drywall,General Builder for over 30 years here. Now I'm in my shop daily working on friends cars making them new again. It's alot more fun than climbing scaffold and ladders.

Welcome and congratulations! Post some pics and info when you can.

Steve

68sunlitgold

Welcome to the family (ownership). I think you got a great car (at a great price), it looks like it will make the restoration a straight forward one. We are here to help in any way we can....so once you get the car, send some pictures and start firing the questions our way!

Doug

OP
OP
G

g scott

Thanks for the welcomes. I haven't mastered the posting pictures thing yet. Problems just making My Garage pics work. lol. Still a misson to fix that. There are pics of the car from last week in For Sale link from Dixon, CA. Now the adventure begins and a search for real deal Lucas Lights. Thanks Again, gary

68sunlitgold

Gary,
For your search on Lucas lights, there are many out there that will state "original" for '68 Shelby & GT/CS, but many are not correct. Here are some things to look for:
1) make sure they have chrome backs (you will see many with black backs)
2) the connection of the wire to the housing should be a small round back grommet (not the large grey connection which 95% are)
3) the glass should state "England"

I have attached a few pics as examples. If you are not going for concourse correct appearance most Lucas lights will work. Good luck on your search.

One last thing, according to the build date for your car (15 April), you can also but on Marchal Fog lights (last pic) since your car was build before the recall date of 26 April.

Doug

Attachments

• car21_std.jpg
    car21_std.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 22
  • $(KGrHqF,!rEF!YL+p9peBQGDpsmT!g~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqF,!rEF!YL+p9peBQGDpsmT!g~~60_57.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 8c_1_b.jpeg
    8c_1_b.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
G

g scott

Thanks for the pics Doug. They're going to be a great help. Also was reading about the fake grill on e-bay for 600+. Just info like these examples is a tribute to the good members on this site trying to inform rookies like myself. Thanks to you all. gary

Mosesatm

If this is your car I think you have the proper Lucas lights, but it looks like you may need to replace the lenses and get the proper pedestals, and a grile, and brackets.

Attachments

• Dixon Car Foglights.jpg
    Dixon Car Foglights.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 29

gt/csj4

It looks like the inside lens is dirty, I am willing to bet a good polish would fix them up, accompanied by the pedestals. You may have lucked out, my car was missing them, and I paid the price haha

TraveledGTCS

Lucas lights

You might want to check out any English Automotive swap meets. I went to one about five years back near Seattle and found a set of correct Lucas lights for about $150.00. The vender didn't know what he had was also used on our Specials. The only thing wrong on one of them was a dent, which was easily tapped out. (I had actually gone there looking for items for my 1967 Jag.)

Bill

hicountrybob

If this is your car I think you have the proper Lucas lights, but it looks like you may need to replace the lenses and get the proper pedestals, and a grile, and brackets.

I have the complete pedestal kits that I had made up ie. $65.00 plus 4-6 bucks shipping and includes the '95 direction sheets for the proper mounting of the lamps. Let me know and I have, also, a nice pair of used proper wide grill brackets for ??? $, perhaps ,also. Bob Teets here, 303-424-3866 evenings, in Arvada, Co. Let me know!!!

OP
OP
G

g scott

Thanks for the help everyone. I like the idea of just having to buy the lens for my lights.
Bob, Sent you a PM on the pedestals and questions about your question marks on the correct grill brackets. lol.

Mosesatm

I have a set of correct lenses but one has a rock chip. If you want one or both for $50 let me know.