• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Carb help needed on Holley 1940

6cylHCS

:-// Im trying to rebuild my carb on my 200ci. The idle is fine but under load it boggs and shutters. Help is needed. Thanks Rand

rvrtrash

I haven't worked on a Holley 2 barrel in a long time (Shelby tri-power) but they're fairly straight forward. What do you need? Also, have you checked for a clogged fuel line or filter, weak fuel pump, timing and dwell correct, vac. advance working properly?
Steve

OP
OP

6cylHCS

Its actualy a one barrel carb. Its a wide bore Holley 1940 single barrel on a 200ci. 6 cyl. HCS. I took it apart again today to reset the floats and blow the whole thing out. You really need to not do carbs in a hurry... So tomarow Ill be taking it back apart to put the power valve weight and ball berring back in that I forgot in my haste. I have to tell the truth Ive replaced clutches, rebuilt heads, brakes well alot of things but this is my first carb. I was told the floats are real touchy. Well any help is good help.