• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

HCS side scoop stripe question for Mr. Teets

P

PNewitt

Here is the $64,000 question for Bob:

Didn't the original side SCOOP stripes for the '68 HCS include the stripe WITH the shield--all as one piece? (both left and right?)

I can't remember if that is true or not. I think you told me that it was all one piece made by that Denver area OEM decal company, back in the spring of '68..

This might be a good way to identify original HCS cars...

AND...if someone were to apply new HCS side scoop stripes--shouldn't they overlay the shield, and then trace & cut away the stripe, then lay the shield into place--instead of just overlaying it onto the stripe???

Thanks, Bob

Paul Newitt

hicountrybob

Paul, you win the $64,000 jackpot. You are correct on all accounts. It should be noted that the decal should be off-center to the rear of center of the scoop by 1/2 of an inch and the backing not taken off the decal until absolutely ready to apply to the paint. A COUPLE OF AFTERNOTES, Paul, in your '96 Registry book (page 131), you note Steve Goehring as a source for GT/CS and HCS stripe kits. RIGHT ON!!! I ordered a set for my last HCS. He would not take my money ($85.00) until I received them and looked them over and he also included extra tape for the side scoops. He told me he can make partial sets as well as full kits. Steve's number is now 559-875 8898 in Sanger, Ca. NOTE this number is different from the '96 registry number. AND lastly, be aware that i have 1966 and 1967 HCS badges yet, and 1968 HCS decals at $95.00 a pair plus Priority mailing charges. What else? Oh, my home number is 303-424-3866 in Denver area.

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=hicountrybob link=board=1;threadid=764;start=0#msg4231 date=1073896944]
be aware that i have 1966 and 1967 HCS badges yet, and 1968 HCS decals at $95.00 a pair plus Priority mailing charges. [/quote]

Did you have more badges stamped? I thought you were down to only 1 set of each for '66 and '67 and were planning on holding onto them. If you remember right, I had to grind down the numbers on a set of '67 badges to make them correct for the '66. I'd be interested in another set to use for a display placard for club shows and show and shines.

Scott

hicountrybob

Scott, I have for '66 HCS 3 driver side badges and 1 pass. side badge. I have for '67 HCS 5 driver side badges and 4 pass. side badges. I think that last time we talked badges, I did not want to sell these last 5 '66 badges because of owning my '66 HCS (which we sold this past August). Now that it is gone, I think they should go on a '66 that has lost it's own. Call me and we'll talk. I want $55.00 per badge, either '66 or '67 and would prefer that I receive registry information for the cars that need a badge or two. Now, for the 68 decals, I just counted them and I have 31 driver side and 28 pass. side decals. Even now, when I'm called for them, I ask for (and usually receive) vin info. As you know, I'm such a purist (I can't help it, I've tried) that I don't want to run into a clone with my badges on it. I wish to have $95.00 a set for these '68 badges. As you all know, I've never pushed (on this site or elsewhere) the sale of the badges or decals, nor my SCREEN KITS and PEDESTAL KITS. Enough said for this evening. hi country bob Teets.

DSO51

Bob,

I know we have talked about it in the past... but it might be noteworthy to mention that some (most?) of the 68 HCS' came without the decal from the factory and was actually applied at the dealership, if they had them. A few HCS' actually rolled out of the dealership without decals (mine included). Did Ford produce a installation sheet for the dealerships to use in the application of the decal or are your measurements (1/2" off center) being taken from original, factory installed, cars? Additionally, if the original decal was integrated into the scoop stripe why did Ford, if I understand it correctly, send the decals to the dealership with the non-integrated stripe?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

DSO51
Craig Dunn

hicountrybob

IN RESPONSE TO CRAIG DUNN (DSO51) COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS:
ALL '68 HCS's came from the San Jose plant with NO stripe-decal tape attached to the scoop. BUT, yes some HCS rolled out of the dealerships without them also. Craig says his car had none and the first HC that I bought, had no decal either on original paint. When I bought mine(8R01C169927), I asked the original owner/seller about the lack of the decals, and she said she asked several times for them and was always told they were out. She said she finally gave up on it. r I am not aware of an installation sheet for the dealer to use in applying these stripe-decals on the scoops. My statement (above in Craig's post) about the 1/2 inch off center to the rear placement of the decal is documented by measuring friend Russ's HCS decal on his car(8R01J169377). It's still there on original paint etc. The decal co. showed me the Ford folder with a tape-decal in it and it was all in one piece. But there was some "lead" on each end, so some installers could and probably did get closer to center of scoop with with their placement. Also, since Ford bought local, it is not likely these decal-stripes were sent to cal. to be applied. When I had a run of decals made up nearly 20 years ago, I remember now how the price was cost-prohibitive for me at the time to buy the decals(with tape) as Ford bought them. And to you , Craig, thank you for the inquiry and hope I've answered this post satisfactory to you and perhaps to our fellow owners. Thank you for the space, any other questions or mysteries out there, I'm happy to respond if I can help. hicountrybob@comcast.net or 303-424-3866 evenings