• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marti Report Will Be Needed for GT/CS Registry

P

PNewitt

...Well, not exactly, but I wanted to get your attention about this service, that will authenticate your GT/CS, or HCS. It's important for all of us to do.

Since the new GT/CS Recognition Guide will be a nice, hardbound book, with color photos of the cars in the Registry, I would like to emphasize just how important it is to get a copy of the Marti Report, and to (snail) mail me a copy (black and white in OK, color not needed). Mail a copy of your Marti Report to me ASAP at:

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registry
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

(I have already received many Marti Report copies, and I wish to thank those that have gone to the trouble to do so).

In the registry, the listings of cars and owners will have a separate column for "Marti Report". This is NOT absolutely necessasy, but I think you'll want it, to show your friends in print that your CS is authentic.

Here is the website about how to get a report:

https://secure.alevelhigher.com/martiauto/vinreports.cfm

If that page doesn't come up, then go to:

http://martiautoworks.com/
...and click on "your VIN report".

There are three levels. For the Registry, you'll only need the "Basic" level report, which is $17.

(as written on the Marti Autoworks site: "...you can fax, mail, or phone in. Marti Auto Works, 12007 W. Peoria, El Mirage AZ 85335. Phone (623)935-2558 or Fax (623)935-2579. Turnaround time is currently about 7 business days for the standard and deluxe reports while we are in the process of reorganizing. Elite reports take about six months."

For the same of time, do not get the elite report, since it will take too long. I beleive you can get an "upgrade" for the elite version at a later time, with the credit of the basic report (see the site for details).

The only other option, which is acceptable (within the GT/CS Registry) is copies of the original dealer paperwork, including the invoice, with the GT/CS option listed.

Please do this today...and, as it might sound like a "plug" for Marti, it's just a good idea, and it helps everyone... Tell them that I sent you.

thanks!! Paul N.

p.s. cars with Marti Reports, sent to the Registry, will qualify for the under-hood GT/CS Registry plaque, available in late 2006. It will include part of your VIN engraved right into the plaque.

PFSlim

Paul N.

Can you publish a list of names that have already sent a report?? I hate to send another if you already have a copy for most of us??

Paul

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I "could" provide a list of names with Marti Reports, but that would take me a few days to accomplish. I'm looking at about 3000 pieces of paper, just in the Registry! AAHH!!

I think if anyone is unsure, they should send another (B&W) photocopy. This would be the best way to help me out, since I'm quite busy.

It's not a bad idea, just time consuming.

Thanks anyway,

Paul N.

zozobra

it's in the mail

Paul,

I just dropped a copy of my Marti report in the mail. I do have two questions.

1. When do you think the new book will be out? (I'm dying to get my hands on one)

2. When I originally signed up on this site I was looking at a CS which I subsequently bought. How do I update my statistics? I looked the other day and had forgotten I had sigined up as thinking about one.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

zozobra said:
Paul,

I just dropped a copy of my Marti report in the mail. I do have two questions.

1. When do you think the new book will be out? (I'm dying to get my hands on one)

2. When I originally signed up on this site I was looking at a CS which I subsequently bought. How do I update my statistics? I looked the other day and had forgotten I had sigined up as thinking about one.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

I'm giving myself the time to do it right, so I'm saying "Spring '07"....but I am working hard on it every day. All other projects of mine are on hold. I want to see this out ASAP more than anyone!

You can still (snail) mail me anything you need to update your forms about your car. We're setting it up by VIN, so if anyone else sends something, please write your VIN at the top of the page.

thanks for sending your information,
Paul N.

Mustanglvr

Hey Paul, I was just wondering if you had recieved those pics I sent out to you a few weeks ago. If you`re too busy, you don`t need to respond. I trust you did.

zozobra

original registry

Paul,

Several of us at my office were discussing the upcoming registry versus the original one. The question came up as to how many copies of the original registry were produced (we're all engineers with that kind of curiosity). Are you willing to say roughly how many were printed? Just really curious.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

About 3K of the first (1989) book, and 500 of the (1996) second book.

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

It's ironic, since I "sat" on both books for years, selling them over an 8-10 year period.

Then the internet came along, and brought EBAY, and this site....

....and then JB bought a book for "big bucks", ("in$piration") and we're here now with a new book, and lots of interest.

How times change. I don't even see tossed and smashed 8-track cartridges along the freeway anymore! LOL!!

Paul N.

390cs68rcode

PNewitt said:
It's ironic, since I "sat" on both books for years, selling them over an 8-10 year period.

Then the internet came along, and brought EBAY, and this site....

....and then JB bought a book for "big bucks", ("in$piration") and we're here now with a new book, and lots of interest.

How times change. I don't even see tossed and smashed 8-track cartridges along the freeway anymore! LOL!!

Paul N.

So you are saying I helped to get the new registry made (in a small way of course)? :grin: :cool: cool

Last edited:

Stacey Enderle

Avalanced!!!

PNewitt said:
I'm giving myself the time to do it right, so I'm saying "Spring '07"....but I am working hard on it every day. All other projects of mine are on hold. I want to see this out ASAP more than anyone!

You can still (snail) mail me anything you need to update your forms about your car. We're setting it up by VIN, so if anyone else sends something, please write your VIN at the top of the page.

thanks for sending your information,
Paul N.

Whoa!! You got avalanged with more Marti Reports and Pictures of these beauties than you anticipated!!! The more you get,... the more we realize that these CS's are coming out from the wood work and making themselves known. Lord knows I've hidden mine long enough and it's time for it to come out of hiding. BTW, I did send you the photos and the Marti report about 2 or 3 months back. So you have the info on this one. Since you have received the Marti Report and the photos, a fellow mustanger (Quicknick) was very kind to send me a rear view mirror that I need to install on my driver's side of the door. I owe him pictures yet before and after the installation.

Stacey

Stacey Enderle

Good Idea! Just like Ford has a better Idea!

PFSlim said:
Paul N.

Can you publish a list of names that have already sent a report?? I hate to send another if you already have a copy for most of us??

Paul

Good Idea! If such a list is posted, it'll save Paul N, lots of work and avoid duplication!

Stacey

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

What we've done with the registry is first physically lay out the fairly recent registrations, from the past two years; in order of VIN group (i.e. all the 143,000s, then all the 144,000s, etc...)

Then we take all the subsequent photos, notes, letters, CDs and other items, and clip them to the same VIN pages. Data from registrations from this website are cross-referenced, and added. We even included a "zillion" index cards of GT/CS and HCS VIN and data plate info from Bob Teets (and a few other "eagle eye" folks), spotted on EBAY, or in person. Other info from my private messages and e-mails are included, too.

After that, we dug out the four (3" size) binders worth of old GT/CS Survey and Registry pages, from as far back as 1985, and put them into the same VIN order, and attached any similar VIN pages to the recent ones. This will show us if any cars changed hands, updates, new photos, etc. We have some pretty old photos of cars, with a few of the same cars restored by new owners (or the same owners).

As you can see, this is tedious work. Sometimes, it's detective work..

I'll go over them all, and make a list of Marti Reports that we have, in order of VIN; then post them here. It should be in about a week.

and BTW--Stacey, it's good to see you here again posting!

Paul :)

Stacey Enderle

Back in the postings again

It's great to be back again. I had to get some stuff done and out of the way so I was pretty busy there for awhile. :grin:

Stacey

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Stacey, it's always great to have you here...!!

OK, now, down to business:

Here are the recent submissions of Marti Reports for the Registry:

P. Brown, R Garcia, B. Walker, N. Butler, D Aprile, B. Beatty, and someone called "Braadway Aqua".

Wait a minute. Oh, I mean "Broadway Blue". Yeah, that's it.

Thanks to everyone for going to the trouble and expense to mail me those reports.

More posted as I get them; and as I dig them out of the Registry.

Paul N.

Mustanger

PNewitt said:
Stacey, it's always great to have you here...!!

OK, now, down to business:

Here are the recent submissions of Marti Reports for the Registry:

P. Brown, R Garcia, B. Walker, N. Butler, D Aprile, B. Beatty, and someone called "Braadway Aqua".

Wait a minute. Oh, I mean "Broadway Blue". Yeah, that's it.

Thanks to everyone for going to the trouble and expense to mail me those reports.

More posted as I get them; and as I dig them out of the Registry.

Paul N.

Paul,

I sent you my Marti Report a couple of weeks ago, ... I hope you received my Marti along with some pic's. Please let me know. Thanks!!!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Mustanger said:
Paul,

I sent you my Marti Report a couple of weeks ago, ... I hope you received my Marti along with some pic's. Please let me know. Thanks!!!

Yes, I did get it. Sorry, I should have included you.

Paul.

Mustanger

PNewitt said:
Yes, I did get it. Sorry, I should have included you.

Paul.

Whew!! ... (wiping sweat off my brow) Thanks, I feel much better now ...