• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Where to find: 1968 grill and fog lights for GT/CS?

classicsguy

Besides E bay; is there anyone selling the correct grille and fog lights for a 1968 GT/CS?

How do you know which fog lights your Special should have: Marshalls or Lucas?

Thanks

HappyHour

There are some people on the forum that are "holding" but I cant tell you cuz Im in line for a pair. :eek:

Otherwise do a "search" keyword and you can get a wealth on info on threads. Lucas versus Marchal as standard is not straightforward. Also this will you what to look out for as not all are worhty.

I think April was the switch over although recalls also took time going to Lucas. So early Mustang could have Marchal or recalled to Lucas...due to DOT having issues with brightness.

Per my CS forum Dojo Ill can forward you a link PM offline if you want...holla.

Robert

Mosesatm

Besides E bay; is there anyone selling the correct grille and fog lights for a 1968 GT/CS?

How do you know which fog lights your Special should have: Marshalls or Lucas?

Thanks

You can make a GT/CS grille for around $200 ($100 for a new '67 grille and $80 for the fog light brackets from Delta Bay Mustang).

If I remember correctly Orlando Mustang is a good source for Lucas lights. I also may have another pair or two of usable lights. You can also buy brand new Lucas lights from Hoop. I think they run around $350.

PFSlim

Arlie is right. You would not use the 68 grill as it has all the tabs for the running horse and chrome pieces. Instead, you order the 67 grill and make some modifications if using the Marchall foglight. First, you have to drill out the rivits that hold in the supports. Then, the Marchall brackets go in by cutting away a few small pieces of the grill. Then, the new brackets are rivited back into place.

Very easy to do. We thought the Marchalls looked better since they somewhat look like they float in the grill. My build date is June and I am sure that I was to have the Lucas lights.

Delta Bay is who we ordered from also and they delivered a good product. I found it extremely difficult to find a good pair of Marchall foglights. Finally, we met Brian B. who owns a GT/CS here in KC. He sold us a set of lights and was a real lifesaver.

Paul

Attachments

• Stang440.JPG
    Stang440.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Stang441.JPG
    Stang441.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 41

green56

let me understand you that if you have the lucas fog lights you do no modify the grill so i could get a 67 grill and just install or is their a 68 black out grill the grill i have in car has all the brackets to install the horse and coral if i leave grill in would this be correct could some one get back to me ASAP e mail is blunite56@aol.com thanks a lot Tom

green56

THE car i have was built in the first bart of march and i have the lucas fog lights

Talan423

if your car was built in march you can have either marchal or lucas lamps. you CAN just put a 67 grille in your car if you want but it isn't advised. you want to have those marchal fog lamp brackets on your car for "correctness". it isn't that hard to build your own correct grille, it will just cost you about an extra $100 for the brackets , $5.00 for the paint and a couple of dollars for the rivets. the detailed instructions are listed in the 1996 registry book.

tom

Mosesatm

I think you should add the Marchal brackets for support reasons also. Three vertical brackets are removed to create the GT/CS grille so without the Marchal brackets the grille may be too flimsy.