• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2006 Calendar

PFSlim

Jason-I have enjoyed looking at your former royal maroon 390 car and look forward to spending next month admiring Cory's Acapulco Blue.

Paul

BroadwayBlue

PFSlim said:
Jason-I have enjoyed looking at your former royal maroon 390 car and look forward to spending next month admiring Cory's Acapulco Blue.

Paul

I kick myself every morning I get to my desk and see Jason's car and think ... I would've loved to have purchased that car ...
now realizing there is another Acapulco Blue to see next month I can now make it through the last few days of March :grin:

mmarsalone

PFSlim said:

Paul
Paul,

I don't think Jason's first car was a 390. I think that one was a C code.

390cs68rcode

PFSlim said:

Paul

it was a C code (it is listed as a C code on the calendar). I have about 5 of those calendars all over the place. Has been nice seeing my former car. :grin:

hookedtrout

Go big blue!! I wish it was still in as nice of shape as that picture. Due for a restoration but I just can't seem to settle down long enough to focus in so I drive it the way it is and it still turns heads. Nice seeing all the cars and nice seeing all the warm looking weather in the background of each one as well. Cabin fever setting in I guess.

Cory

68gt390

Cabin Fever!!!!!!!! Suppose to reach some where in the 50's today. Looks like I'll be able to get some garage time finally. Spring cleaning just around the corner. :eek:

Don

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Jason - sorry, no disrespect intended (from the Saprano's). I didn't even pay attention to what the car "used to be"

Mike - forgot to mention that I really enjoyed looking at your car in the cold month of Jan. Back then, there was no hope of ever being able to drive my GT/CS because of the cold and winter conditions. You helped all of us through that!!!

Paul

mmarsalone

Thanks Paul for the comments. I've driven one day so far this year. Our Mustang Club is doing a parade this weekend, so my son Matthew and I will participate in it.

BTW - I'm very tired, I just explained to my wife that I stayed up until midnight to catch this weeks episode of The Sopranos.

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

I hate to admit this but here it goes. My wife and I spent the last three months catching up on all the Saprano episodes so we could be ready for season 6. If you think about it, that is around 62 or so episodes times 1 hour per episode. Ouch!!! Long time in front of a TV. We got caught up and are now on the 1 per week viewing.

I have had a chance to put about 150 miles on my car so far this year. We have had some nice days here in Kansas City. I am fighting a power steering leak (again) and have vowed to either get it fixed this year or trash the whole thing and go with manual steering. The power steering pump is a brand new rebuild, painted the correct color, the whole thing. But lines still seem to leak. Frustrating!!!!

Paul

Mustanglvr

Well the snow is almost gone and it is warm enough (in the lower 50`s here in Minnesooota) that I can drive my car soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just gotta get it insured and fix the tire and I can get in it and go!!!!!!!!!! Just me getting excited and getting rid of the cabin fever!!!!

hookedtrout

Back from a week of wheeling in Moab Utah where the weather was fairly decent and the weather has turned here as well. Over 50 today, if it stays up there I'm taking the car cover off and taking the CS to work one day this week.

Cory

rvrtrash

Wish I could drive mine. I'm still waiting for my hood pins and tail light bezels to come back from being rechromed.
Steve

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Steve

I am just interested cuase I didn't have anything rechromed. What is the price difference between buying new tail light bezels and getting the old ones rechromed? Everyone always says it is expensive but I never priced it.

Paul

rvrtrash

Good guess. They're charging $60.00 each for the bezels and $10.00 each for the hood pins. I didn't even look to see if it was more expensive than repop's. I like using original parts and they'll look NOS when they're done.
Steve

mmarsalone

Steve,

I don't believe the hood pins are supposed to be chrome. I think they have more of a polished finish to them. Perhaps that's how you want them. I think they would look good chrome. I bought a set of NOS ones sometime last year and haven't installed them. Maybe I'll take the old ones and have them chromed.

BTW - Does anyone have an extra hood pin spring? The pind didn't come with springs and my car is missing one correct one.

Thanks,
Mike