• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Seat Belt Delima

68gt390

Is it possible that Ford could have put the wrong color seat belts in my car. Interior code is for dark red but, seat belts are black including the shoulder straps that run along the headliner. Belts have been in car some time since they show a lot of wear. Since I'm redoing the carpet I plan on switching them out and going with dark red. I know from past experience with both my CS and GT Ford did some pretty crazy stuff that didn't match the door plate or even my Marti Reports on both cars. Anyone else run into this situation?

Don ???

hcsstang

??? Every thing in the interior is red except the black seat belts. Even the rear view miror is red. I have the orginal seat belts in the car but of cource they could of been changed before I got the car.

hookedtrout

Speaking of seat belts, if anyone has any blue seatbelts they want to sell let me know I'd be interested in a couple to replace some bad ones that I have.

As for black and red, heck they go together great, black belts should look good with red seats I'd think but then I'm just thinking aloud. ;)

Hook

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

[quote author=hcsstang link=board=1;threadid=1698;start=0#msg10639 date=1116519227]
??? Every thing in the interior is red except the black seat belts. Even the rear view miror is red. I have the orginal seat belts in the car but of cource they could of been changed before I got the car.
[/quote]

Same thing on mine, red interior and rear view mirror but, black belts. Oh well, looks like time to change things over.

Don

Mustanger

'68 Shelby Mustangs came with only black seatbelts, no matter what the interior color was... but then again, I think they used a different seatbelt compared to the Mustang seatbelt.

rvrtrash

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1698;start=0#msg10636 date=1116516749]
Is it possible that Ford could have put the wrong color seat belts in my car.
Don ???
[/quote]

I suppose anything is possible, but putting in the wrong color seems remote to me. My interior is dark red and the seat belts match. I'd say switching to red when you redo the carpet would be the right thing.
Steve

T Code Bob

My GT/CS also has the Dark Red interior with a full set of Black seat belts. My guess is that when they ran out of red (or any other color) belts on the line, they would substitute black belts, since they would pretty much match any interior color.

There's an old saying in the assembly plants that you only get to shut the line down once in your carrer.

hookedtrout

So then, would that make black the correct color for the car or a mistake by Ford that should ultimately be corrected by the owner?

My opinion, cars with these types of dilema's are actually lucky, you have a choice and either one will pass the muster when being judged as long as the judges understand that black could be correct.

Hook

C160223

Don

I have been wondering the same thing. I too have Dark Red interior with black seatbelts, and thought someone had changed them through the years, yet most pics of 68's with dark red interior that I see, about 50 % of them have black seatbelts. Maybe correct to have either color, possible later cars got black belts after red belts were depleted?

meadowsdk28

Like you guys said, anythings possible, but, My car is Ryal Maroon, Dark red interior, black belts! Could have been an add on, but I doubt it.