• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SOLD All original 1968 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ersel66

For sale is a 1968 Mustang GT/CS California Special. It is a very rare "T" code car (6 cylinder 200 cubic inch engine) with Power Steering and Factory A/C that blows cold. This car has been well taken care of with no rust and no resto parts and all original. It is a unmolested, numbers matching car with a Marti report!! It was an original AZ car that recently came to CA. This classic comes with air-conditioning (fully functional), automatic transmission, power steering, and of course the rare gas saving 6 cyl engine, AM stock radio, Lucas driving lights, Shelby treatment, blinker hood (fully functional), red/burgundy interior in nice original unrestored shape (no rips, snags, or tears but a little faded though ). All original FOMOCO glass and even one original FOMOCO headlight too. The paint color (Wimbledon White) is all original, but it looks like it was repainted years and years ago and is now cracking/crazing throughout. The car is a nice "10 footer" but could use a new paint job. Car drives and runs great. Recently serviced with new tires, gas tank and more. 32,3XX on odometer and could be original miles
Email: a_recruiter@hotmail.com
16404802.jpg

cs5t.jpg

cs4.jpg

cs3s.jpg

cs2e.jpg

cs1hm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

franklinair

Very interesting car. I believe the 200 cu with A/T is a low production quantity, and the P/S & A/C would make it even more so. Too bad my stable is full now, or I would be giving you a call! (Of course I have to crank in the $1000+/- shipping cost to NC) Perhaps if/when I sell my convertible I'd give you a shout!

Neil

Magnum

This appears to be a great car and I love the color combination. I cannot believe no one has stepped forward yet on it. I too live in NC and the shipping is a killer these days. If I didn't have so many cars myself, I would definitely be interested. Good luck on the sell!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I looked at this car early last year in Phoenix for fellow member Classicsguy. It was a nice unmolested car with not much wrong at all in terms of original parts. Just worn a bit. Even the fogs, which are on the wrong Shelby square bases, seemed to be "dealer original" (as in probably a dealer retrofit in '68 because of the Marchall fog recall)

Unfortunately classicsguy got scammed out of a lot of cash related to this car. Fulll story here. Whether the original owner was ever involved is hard to say. He claimed he wasn't and proceeded to sell it to someone in San Fran, which obviously I assume is the current owner Ersel66.

I don't post this to say anything negative about the car or it's current owner, but there's been some bad history behind it unfortunately that I don't think has ever been resolved.

classicsguy

I looked at this car early last year in Phoenix for fellow member Classicsguy. It was a nice unmolested car with not much wrong at all in terms of original parts. Just worn a bit. Even the fogs, which are on the wrong Shelby square bases, seemed to be "dealer original" (as in probably a dealer retrofit in '68 because of the Marchall fog recall)

Unfortunately classicsguy got scammed out of a lot of cash related to this car. Fulll story here. Whether the original owner was ever involved is hard to say. He claimed he wasn't and proceeded to sell it to someone in San Fran, which obviously I assume is the current owner Ersel66.

I don't post this to say anything negative about the car or it's current owner, but there's been some bad history behind it unfortunately that I don't think has ever been resolved.

Jon: Its the same car and I have not gotten any money back from the scam on E bay.

OP
OP
E

Ersel66

This appears to be a great car and I love the color combination. I cannot believe no one has stepped forward yet on it. I too live in NC and the shipping is a killer these days. If I didn't have so many cars myself, I would definitely be interested. Good luck on the sell!

This is my 2nd GT/CS and I've been on this board for over 6 years (new username). This car is one of the cleanest, most original, rust free cars I've seen/owned. I'm shocked I still have it, but it's okay & it will continue to sit in the garage.
I didn't know anything about its prior history, but I do have the CA title in hand and there are no issues with the car. I did not buy it from eBay, but from someone local from Craigslist.

I'd bet shipping would be around $1,000 these days (to NCish), which still makes it a very reasonably priced car.

Took it for a spin last week and it's a fun car.
Eric

NorCal

Thought I'd throw in my two cents for what it's worth. I live in the SF Bay Area and just saw the car on Craigslist. I followed the link to this page and just read about the terrible way that Classic Guy got screwed over with this car. I would just give the car to him! :smile:

I don't think it's ever going to sell at $12,000 though. Craigslist over here is littered with V8's that have major ammenities for less than 12K. Most of the I6's I've seen around here are going for 4-8K. Please don't take me to the firing squad. It's a beautiful car and I'm only giving one humble man's opinion.

GTCSMustang

I'll jump in here. I've had some 6-cyl Mustangs and frankly couldn't tell much difference between them and a 289 2-bbl. The car for sale looks like a darn nice car. I'd be proud to own it, 6-cyl or not.

Scott

franklinair

I think that is a fair opinion. It kills me that Luis got shafted on this car on E-Bay. But also in all fairness, that was not done by the current/bonafide owner of this C/S. The car is interesting to me due to it's options & production rarity. Nonetheless, it is what it is- a 6 cylinder, not highly sought after in the collector market.

Neil

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Ersel66

I'll jump in here. I've had some 6-cyl Mustangs and frankly couldn't tell much difference between them and a 289 2-bbl. The car for sale looks like a darn nice car. I'd be proud to own it, 6-cyl or not.

Scott

I agree with Scott. My other GT/CS had a 289 and this one has about as much power as that one did. Yeah, the downside is it does have 6 cylinder, but the upside includes:
*Saving over $3,000.00+ on a comparable V8 GT/CS that's for sale. And saving $ on gas especially when it is at $3.11 a gallon for Regular in CA.
*Also, how often does an all original, unmolested GT/CS come-up for sale that has factory air, just been serviced with no mechanical issues & has no cancerous rust.

Yes, it is unfortunate about Luis' (classicguy) history with this car, but that was before my time. For now it sits in a warm garage awaiting its new owner to enjoy and drive it.

:smile:

JohnnyQuest515

It appears NORCAL doesn't know anything! First this is a CS, not a regular Mustang I don't care which Craigslist you look at from Hawaii to New York. Second its a T code, very rare, and appears to be in good shape. Go make another 1 post somewhere else :rolleyes:.

If I had the funds, it would be mine!

Randy

admin

Staff member
Administrator
NORCAL simply gave his opinion, and not in a rude way. Let's respond in kind please.

Status
Not open for further replies.