• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

need High Frequency Horn

somethingspecial

Somehow I ended up with two Lo Frequency horns, and no High. Does anyone have an extra High? Thanks, Mike

Mosesatm

I have a couple extra horns but how does one tell the difference without hooking them up?

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

If you look at the horn face on, look around the outer edge. Both mine have embossed "LO", also, the spiral from the middle goes in a clockwise direction, and the High should go the opposite. I hope you can help. Thanks Arlie. Mike
ps, Thanks for the horn pad, It's perfect.

rvrtrash

The high mounts to the right side of the rad. support and the spiral is counter-clockwise.

Mosesatm

Mike, I have one of each. The high horn says, "Hi....Sparton....Made in USA", and it spirals counter-clockwise.

If that's what you are looking for I'll hook it up tomorrow morning and see if it works. Will let you know.

That's interesting....I just noticed that in addition to the horns being spiralled opposite directions the high horn has 1 1/2 turns and the low horn has 2 turns.

Learned something new tonight!

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Hi Horn

Yes, That is what I am looking for. Let me know how much. Glad you learned something new. I know I did. Just flip me a message and we can finalize the deal. Mike

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Arlie, I tried to send a response to your message, but it won't let me as it says your stored messages are full, You'll need to dump some to make room. Mike

Mosesatm

Bad news, Mike. The horn doesn't work. All it does is let out a weak burp.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

THAT BITES. Oh well, thanks for checking and offering. Anyone else have one around. Mike Need the HI frequency horn.