• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS model

Mosesatm

Wow, that is a lot of work! I admire people who have the ability to do such delicate, detailed work. Wonder what he'd charge to make a Highland Green one?

Mustanglvr

Wow, that guy did a good job. Gotta love those whitewall tires. ;D Rhonda

GT_CS

[quote author=Mustanger link=board=1;threadid=2152;start=0#msg14590 date=1127235118]
Hey guys,

Here's a cool model that someone put together of a GT/CS 8):

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=8039

... although, as you read the thread, you'll discover that it was a custom job. But hey, you could claim that when Ford made GT/CSs, they were a little custom ;).

[/quote]

Is he actually building that car as a hobby or actually planning to produce and then retail?

19HCS68

From what I gathered on the web site, it took this guy two years to make this model. I think the price of one of these would be pretty high. If it took me two years to make something, it would be VERY expensive. The guy did a VERY GOOD JOB on that model! I really dislike that color though. :-\

Gary

nfrntau

[quote author=19HCS68 link=board=1;threadid=2152;start=0#msg14604 date=1127306271]
I really dislike that color though. :-\

Gary
[/quote]

I second that motion. I had a 71 Bronco that color, I never liked that color. It does hide the dirt well but that's about the only thing good I'll say about it.

This guy says it's his favorite....Go figure ::)

GT_CS

[quote author=hcsstang link=board=1;threadid=2152;start=0#msg14634 date=1127385379]
I think that it's an out standing color. IT's different but I like it.
[/quote]

He has indeed done a very pleasant job, perfecting the GT/CS model to the very last accurate detail, i also i agree with hcsstang - its a really ncie colour....

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=2152;start=0#msg14655 date=1127513754]
Speaking of models. Does anyone have an update on how the diacast is coming of the GT/CS??

Paul
[/quote]

I know there were some other guys working on the CS diecast model car, and I haven't seen any updates lately.
However, I contacted Muscle Machines (http://www.musclemachines.com/index.asp) again to see if there was any interest on them creating a CS diecast model ala Muscle-Machine-Style ;D

Stay tuned ;) ...

Mosesatm

Don had been working on that since they were going to clone his car in miniature.

PFSlim

That's right Arlie!!

Any update Don?? Are they still considering doing a blue one instead of your car?? ;D ;D ;D

Paul

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

[quote author=Mustanger link=board=1;threadid=2152;start=0#msg14656 date=1127514927]
[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=2152;start=0#msg14655 date=1127513754]
Speaking of models. Does anyone have an update on how the diacast is coming of the GT/CS??

Paul
[/quote]

I know there were some other guys working on the CS diecast model car, and I haven't seen any updates lately.
However, I contacted Muscle Machines (http://www.musclemachines.com/index.asp) again to see if there was any interest on them creating a CS diecast model ala Muscle-Machine-Style ;D

Stay tuned ;) ...

[/quote]

I received a response ;D!! First, this is my inquiry:

"Dear Sir, I'm following up on a request I made earlier this year regarding your Muscle Machine product line: Would you consider creating a 1968 California Special Mustang? This could be a great addition to your already colorful lineup of Muscle Cars. Please contact me and let me know (I know of potentially many interested buyers of this type of Mustang if you were to produce it). Thank You, "

He writes:

"The cost of the mold for 1:64 runs today about 40 thousand dollars. This is just for the mold.

The cost for a 1:18 scale runs about 130 to 160 thousands, again just for the mold.

I will pass on your suggestion to the Muscle Machine team.

Thank You and have a great weekend!

Richard - Funline Merchandise Co"

We'll see what the Muscle Machine Team has to say :) ... stay tuned ;)