• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Red GT/CS with black Stripes on eBay

Perkchiro

Early rear quarters with late style rear reflectors. Somebody must have wondered why that didn't fit right wihen they put them on wouldn't ya think? That gap in the door he mentions looks like a damage repair and a poor one at that. The paint looks wrinkled too. All in all however, a nice looking car.
Steve

davidathans

i noticed his speedometer guage is different than mine, he has a trip odometer where my mileage odometer is and his mileage odometer is above the center of the circle...does anyone else have this in their CS ?? was this a factory option?

somethingspecial

Yes, This is because it has an indash tach. The speedometer was equiped with the trip odometer when the tach was ordered. Mike

Mustanglvr

Did`nt they cut a hole in the rear quarter panel for those early rear reflectors?

68gt390

Mustanglvr said:
Did`nt they cut a hole in the rear quarter panel for those early rear reflectors?

Rhonda;
Actually the panel's were stamped with the indentation for the reflectors to fit into and not cut.

Don :wink:

Perkchiro

Here is a pic of the rearview mirror in this CS. It looks like the mirror is mounted from the frame on a stalk. My mirror is glued to the glass with a short stalk. Is there some variation in mounting locations in 68's?

Steve in Missouri

Attachments

• rearview mirror.jpg
    rearview mirror.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

That is a '67 mirror. I had one on my old GT/CS. Don't have to worry about them getting pulled off the windshield.