• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Hood Pin Brackets - Mounting Screw Spec.

Mario

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone get me the correct screw specification for the hood pin brackets? I know that they are sheet metal screws (natural finish?) and that (3) are used for each bracket.
Can't seem to find any reference to this particular screw.

Thanks,
Mario

somethingspecial

It's the same screw used on the fender splash shield. (55914-S2) Letter F screw Page 10 in the Body Assy. Manual Reprint by Jim Osborne. Mike

green56

Mike were could i get a book like that does the book give yoiu the right screws for the car the book i am talking about is body assy manual thanks for the info Tom WI

OP
OP
M

Mario

I personally use the Osborne manuals along with the AMK catalog for identifying hardware and guidance for assembly. Most Mustang parts dealers have them (got mine at NPD). The AMK catalog has the actual photo of each piece of hardware which helps out.
The information that I got from Mike previously is now annotated into my Osborne Manual.
Mario

dalorzo_f

Buy the AMK Guide to Ford Fasteners. Calls out the part numbers and specifics for almost every fastener. Using the AMK catalog you get a few Ford numbers, cross referencing the Guide to their catalog makes finding the right parts a bit easier.

55914 is a #14-14, Hex Washer head, AB thread (finer), 3/8" hex, 1/2" OD, 3/4" long. The ones on my CS are shorter, 5/8", and have a 10 pitch thread (coarse, Type A) not 14, so a Hex washer #14-10, 1/2" OD, 5/8" (#31948), seems more likely. But the 55914 will work.