• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wiring help...

BroadwayBlue

???

OK, I'm stuck.

I've been working on the wiring under/behind the dash trying to make sense of the rat's nest I was left with.

It's been going better than I thought.

I've run into one problem though.
I have these 2 wires that I have no idea where they go to or come from.

I've been through a wiring diagram manual more times than I care to remember with no luck.

Here is what I have...

A black and gray wire taped together that are stripped at each end under the steering column.
Runs up to a main string of wires behind the instrument cluster (I've removed this) and seems to go out the firewall.
These two wires have a purple Ford tag on them with C8ZB 15223-B and something that looks like SX F

I can't find a gray wire anywhere in the wiring manual I have (could be white). I also can't find that number in any of the diagrams.

Then it hit me. Regular 68 Mustangs didn't have the foglights. Could it be my foglight wires?
My foglight switch was in the trunk and not connected.
I thought the GT/CS wiring was the same as a regular GT foglight wiring.
So I looked back at my wiring diagram manual and there are no diagrams with foglights in them.

The foglight are the only thing that makes sense.
They are factory installed wires, with a tag who's color and tag number don't match anything in the wiring diagram.

I'm going to dig some more tomorrow but can anyone confirm if these wires are the foglight wires?

Again, one is black and one if gray and run from under the steering column, up behind the instrument cluster and then out the firewall.

Any help would save me a heck of a lot of time.

Thanks in advance!!!

On a side note ... I found a yellow "stamp" behind the dash that with a date which matches my production date on it.

Rich

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

[quote author=C160223 link=board=1;threadid=1877;start=0#msg12337 date=1120899655]
Rich
yes, it is for your fog lights. The 15223 harness is for the fog lamp switch feed

[/quote]

Thank you!!!!
It was driving me crazy. You probably saved me a lot of time tracing things.

Once I pulled out the aftermarket stereo wires and found the dealer installed A/C wires it started getting easier.

Rich