• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

"California Special" script placement on rear quarters

GTCSTexan

My GT/CS had some damage on the rear quarters and the previous owner (15+ years ago) had some shotty repair work done and I dont think they got the script placement correct, so when I had my guy do the body work I had him fill in all the script holes assuming I could find a correct template to redrill the correct holes. Unfortunately I can not find any original or otherwise documents on the correct placement of the scripts.

Does anyone out there have a template?

Anyone in the DFW, TX area where I could come make a template from your GT/CS? I can bring a 6-pack of cold brew!

Thanks for your help,
Kris

robert campbell

Arlie is in the "BIG" state. We could actually template a car and send the templates to you.

Someone has a car in restoration???

Arlie likes warm dark beer!!!

Rob

OP
OP
GTCSTexan

GTCSTexan

That would be great....except for the WARM beer, its got to be ICE COLD!!

At the end of all this I would like to generate a reusable template that I could upload to the website, then anyone could print and use if they needed.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I thought so too, but also couldn't find it.

dpheyes

A c'mon!!! Everthing is bigger in Texas!!!

Hate to differ with you, but Alaska is over twice the size of puny ol' Texas! And the beer is realy c...c...cold!

A picture is worth 586,412 square miles:

Attachments

• 240px-Alaska-Size.png
    240px-Alaska-Size.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 40

hookedtrout

I have a template for the passenger side if you have the later side marker reflectors, it is set up off the reflector holes. If you have the recessed markers this one won't help much. I don't have one for the Drivers side and right now with the house remodel it would take a huge effort to even get to the Mustang, the garage is a storage area for all the remodel stuff going on.

Let me know which reflectors you have and if you need me to get one for the other side I will do what I can as quick as I can.

OP
OP
GTCSTexan

GTCSTexan

Hooked, I have the later reflectors, but unfortunately those were covered up too! LOL!!

I can make a reflector template from a non-GT/CS and then use the template to drill the script.

I don't want to put you out too much, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe someone else will chime in and have a template so you don't have to go digging.

hookedtrout

No problem at all, I'll start digging tonight, the original template will be easy to get to but I may need to modify it if you need the reflector hole locations as well. I'll make the new template for the drivers side. I'll see what I can do to get you both the reflector holes and the script holes for both sides from a new source on the car body lines. Having a picture frame and matting business I have some large rolls of backing paper that should work perfect.

Send me your address (snail mail) and I'll get on this when I get home tonight and get them mailed out for ya. Nothing like a great excuse to start cleaning, I've been putting it off waiting for the shop to get completed and then I planned on one big clean up and garage/shop sale.

Progress on the shop is moving forward, slower than I'd like but it is moving.

hookedtrout

I've had a few requests through email for copies of the California Script templates when I get them made, if there is anyone else out there that would like a template I'd be glad to put them together and send you one, it will be pretty easy to make them all at once.

Email or PM me through the site if you would like copies.

hookedtrout

Kris, if I could get your home address I'll get you some templates on their way, everyone else that requested them they will be on their way as well. AND NO YOU DON'T OWE ME ANYTHING SO QUIT ASKING! ;-) Just save them when you are done and send them on to who ever needs them next, I'm sure someone will be in need in our near future we live in a CS Circle that goes on forever, it's awesome.

As for drilling the holes, I found that it works best to tape down the template and then mark all the holes with a pencil, my paint is chalky enough it was easy to see the pencil mark you may need to use a sharpie or something, then drill either the right or left hole for each script and then place the script up to the new hole and make sure the other two holes that you marked are dead on before drilling them. Trying to punch a hole in paper isn't an exact science so this helps insure they are dead on before you go and drill all three and find out one is a fraction off. Good luck!

hookedtrout

Just a bump for Kris, never did hear back with an address to mail you out one. Got everyone else one mailed but you were the one with the initial request so I thought I'd bump the topic up for you. I have it packaged and ready if you still need it, I just need your address to get it sent out to ya.

Thanks