• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 My GTCS is Almost Here

1968Cally

I am getting excited. The GTCS I purchased from joeymiami is about 2.5 hours away. Sam, the transport driver called from Akron this morning asking if if 8:00a tomorrow is too early. Are you kidding me? Then he called about an hour ago saying he had enough time left and could deliver it about 7:30 tonight. I said that would be just fine by me.

I hope the Florida battery in the car has some oomph in it as it is about zero here now. It will be a good test of he battery.

Attachments

• Hemmings 2.jpg
    Hemmings 2.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Hemmings 6.jpg
    Hemmings 6.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 46

68gulfstream

Any way you can keep that red 1968 Florida plate on the car? It takes some special effort here to get one of those.

68gulfstream

Yeah, you're going to have to put an IL license on there - do they let you use vintage plates?

Ruppstang

What a great way to start 2018! I bet is going to be a fun year for you.

mbsf1970

Congrats on your car! What a thrill to have it delivered. I had to get mine at -22 F from a storage lot in Montana. Took an hour for it to have enough juice to start. Welcome to Canada I said to the car. Hasn't seen winter since!
Stephen

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Well, she made it to her new home. Started right up and it is minus three degrees out there. Pretty good for a Florida gal. The GTCS stripes are actually black but the flash on the camera turned them white.

Attachments

• IMG_0477.JPG
    IMG_0477.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1127.jpg
    IMG_1127.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 63

Ruppstang

That is because the stripes are reflective. Wow what a beautiful car, enjoy. Well in the garage till it warms up. LOL

franklinair

Your floor covering reminded me: When I lived in Miami I carpeted my garage floor. Looked great. (Until I set it on fire while MIG welding.) :icon_pani

Neil