• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

53k Barrett Jackson CS on Ebay......what will it go for?

joedls

I think the color will prevent it from going much above $20K, even though I like it. I just don't think there will be much demand for Seafoam Green.

Nice car, though. I hope it goes for BIG BUCKS.

P

PNewitt

Interesting find, JB,

I wonder if the BJ buyer didn't completely know what he/she was buying at the time, and thought it was a one-of-one or something.

Then they got home with the car, and may have thought they'd spent too much for the car--from the excitement? I wonder if they've been here to read our posts (if they are, hello!!)

Do they think that they could get more for it on EBAY? It's a shame if they take a hit on it, but that's how the auto action world is. It's a crap shoot, I guess. Like an Amphicar for over $100K, or Howard Hughes' custom "clean air" car for $2m (?). I keep seeing 396 Chevelles, and 440 Dodges (some clones) for six figues, and wonder why the CS hasn't done better. It's nuts.

What we need is some sort of endorsement from Carroll himself for the GT/CS ('68 and '07-08). I should work on that. I could ask Matt Stone what he thinks, too.

Paul N.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

Found some more info on the car..........

It has been in a Ford Dealership showroom since it was purchased. Maybe the dealership owner bought it to display along side a 07 CS? Would explain the price paid at BJ. The buyer of the car from the BJ auction is selling it and the reserve is below the BJ purchase price.

Mustanglvr

I think they are just trying to see what the bids will get too this time around and then next time they will mention the Barrett-Jackson auction in their description to see if the bids go up. I`m sure they have an unreachable reserve on it now.

Trap68

390cs68rcode said:
there is no reason this car will sell for big bucks, there is nothing special about it.

I don't know Jason...it does have those pimped-out chrome wheels:icon_dead

joedls

390cs68rcode said:
there is no reason this car will sell for big bucks, there is nothing special about it.

Which is exactly why I said it probably wouldn't go for much more than $20K.

gt bandit

OK

Need some help here.

How do you chrome Alloy ?
is that Gauge pack standard or retro ? especially the GTCS logos on the right hand side gauge.
the kick panels - with speakers ? i thought that the speakers were in the door on Mustangs ?

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

gt bandit said:
OK

Need some help here.

How do you chrome Alloy ?
is that Gauge pack standard or retro ? especially the GTCS logos on the right hand side gauge.
the kick panels - with speakers ? i thought that the speakers were in the door on Mustangs ?

there are many incorrect (non original) things on this car.

RedGTvert

PNewitt said:
IHoward Hughes' custom "clean air" car for $2m (?). I keep seeing 396 Chevelles, and 440 Dodges (some clones) for six figues, and wonder why the CS hasn't done better.

That car went to a museum of some sort. It was a butt ugly car, but was definately one of a kind.

Not sure on the 396's hitting six figures, even the L78's are not bringing that kind of $$. Maybe the aluminum head ones may bring those kind of dollars since they are so darn rare.

440 clones are not bringing that sort of money either unless it is a foolish buyer who has no regards to originality and/or money. The E-body hemi clones may bring those dollars.

If you wonder why the CS's don't bring the big dollars of the 396's or 440's is one reason and one reason only . . . Horsepower.

68gt390

RedGTvert said:
If you wonder why the CS's don't bring the big dollars of the 396's or 440's is one reason and one reason only . . . Horsepower.

I'd gladly put my CS up against them - If it were for sale. I think it would hold it's own.

Don :grin:

Last edited:

Mustanger

68gt390 said:
I'd gladly put my CS up against them - If it were for sale. I think it would hold it's own.

Don :grin:

Not that your car is for sale, but if it was, and if I could afford it, I'ld definitely take your car, Don, over any of those other cars mentioned above ...