• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

California Special in my garage!

spoiler

I brought home my California Special yesterday a freind put me onto it, its a Gulfstream Aqua X-code with blue interior.Its been parked in a garage since 1980 a very cool find ! I was wondering from looking at the pictures did all lucas lights have the tall pedistals or did some bolt into the original mustang GT fog light brackets in the grille?

mmarsalone

Congratulations on your find. All Lucas fog ligts were on pedestals. The ones that were properly fitted during the recalls had the tall pedestals. Some cars you'll see will have the small, chrome pedestals as on the Shelby's. It's believed they were done that way to match the Shelby's. The fog light brackets on the CS grille were for the Marchal fog lights which were originally fitted to the CS cars before they were recalled. You'll find all three examples in the galleries.

Mike

CougarCJ

ttiwwp.gif

OP
OP
S

spoiler

Mike thanks for the info.CougarCJ thanks for the warm greeting! When I figure out how to post pics I will! Maybe!

OP
OP
S

spoiler

CougarCJ went to your gallery no pics! Whats with that? ?????????????????

CougarCJ

OK. How'd'ya do the effects with the emoticons (smilees) above?? :confused:

I copied a link and posted it to my photobucket.

Then I post the image link to my reply.

Eazy peazy lemon squeezy.

Spoiler, Chill man, I'm only poking fun at you.:tongue:

I am still looking for the right GT/CS. You want pictures of my Cougars on a Mustang site?

John McGilvary

I copied a link and posted it to my photobucket.

Then I post the image link to my reply.

Eazy peazy lemon squeezy.

Spoiler, Chill man, I'm only poking fun at you.:tongue:

I am still looking for the right GT/CS. You want pictures of my Cougars on a Mustang site?

I would like to see pictures of your Cougars, even if this is a Mustang site.

Back in the day, Cougars took the same bad rap as the California Specials did.
They may look different on the outside, but the heart and guts are still the same as any Mustang. :grin:

John

Welcome to the site,"spoiler", and congrats on the CS. Bet its cold up there in Alberta, thats where I was born.

Last edited:

CougarCJ

I would like to see pictures of your Cougars, even if this is a Mustang site.

Back in the day, Cougars took the same bad rap as the California Specials did.
They may look different on the outside, but the heart and guts are still the same as any Mustang. :grin:

John

Allrighty then, I added several pictures to my gallery.

hookedtrout

Dang nice Cougars! Thanks for sharing them. Looking forward to seeing the new CS in the garage as well once you figure out the pics Spoiler.

OP
OP
S

spoiler

Thanks guys I am working on the picture thing ,Yes John it was darn cold up here I had a heck of a time getting the C/S on and off the trailer since it hasn't ran for so long I didn't want to try to start it. Were in Alberta were you born? That is an awesome car you have a Cobra Jet -C/S and an original owner WOW! that is cool, how many of those were built ?

OP
OP
S

spoiler

Okay I think i have the pictures posted and also in my gallery.Hope this passes cougarCJ's inspection.

Attachments

• california special 009.jpg
    california special 009.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 62
  • california special 008.jpg
    california special 008.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 65

CougarCJ

Did you receive a Marti report for that Mustang? I would recommend getting one.

Body looks good.

CougarCJ

Is the GT grille raising a red flag?

I am just here to learn all I can about these cars. Spoiler has pretty thin skin, and I don't want to rile him up.

But, yeah, that and the hood pins, make me a little bit concerned.

OP
OP
S

spoiler

The hood pins are bolted to the original twist down type brackets and the 67 grill was hanging from the original 68 GT grill:smile:

OP
OP
S

spoiler

Man you guys are tough I have been on the Shelby Forum and the Boss 302 Registry and we welcome new members we don't get our guard up when someone new comes around! I have been restoring Mustangs for 20 years so yeah I know the hood pins were wrong and that someone put in a 67 GT grille.But as you can see that is just how it was found. But you wanted the pics so0000. Does anyone know any other California Special sites I could find some info.