• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking for the colour of the package tray

scotty

Is it black? I have an Acapulco Blue Stang, and just put in the gas splash shield and I am hoping to paint the package tray. I don't know if it was brown or black or what.Thanks for the help .

somethingspecial

What color is your interior? This will determine what color the package tray was. If it is a black interior, it would be black. If it was a blue interior, the package tray in my diamond blue stang with standard blue interior is dark blue. The cross hatch patern is up. not the smooth side, if you are using a new repop package tray. Use primer first, as they really suck up the paint. Hope this helps. Mike

Diesel Donna

Yep, I had a hard time getting my paint to adhere to the package tray. I didn't even think a piece of cardboard would need primer! My car is green and the tray is black. Believe it or not, my back seat never fit right after I put in a new package tray because the new one seems a little thicker than the original. I still have the original...don't ask me why but I refused to cut holes in it for my new stereo speakers:icon_no: , so I got a new one just to cut holes in it! Nothing wrong with the old one.

PFSlim

Scotty

Mine is Acapulco Blue as well with light blue/dark blue interior. I primed the package tray with normal primer, then started spraying interior light blue. It did take numerous coats but it looks great installed.

Paul