• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GAS GT/CS Party ONLY for GT/CS cars and Owners

P

PNewitt

I was told today that "some more local Mustang Clubs are coming to the event".

I did not, nor did we, specifically invite "other Mustang clubs" to attend our event. I don't know who did (via the net), but this event is specifically set up for only the GT/CS 40th Anniversary.

We have gone to great lengths to have people RSVP, to have a headcount of 75 people. We have the entire GAS parking lot designated ONLY for our GT/CS Mustangs (25 total).

Lunch has been prepared for the 75 people in the party that I have on my RVSP list.

It's not that non-CS Mustangs or Mustang people are specifically excluded, it's just that it's too late to add any more cars or people to the list, which (as on my flier) expired by April 5th. And, once again, this is a GT/CS party.

Any other clubs, Mustangs, etc., will have to find other places to park (which is not easy on Roscoe Blvd.).

PMN

GTCSMustang

I was unaware that I had to RSVP if I just wanted to show up without a car. So, am I understanding correctly? If I didn't RSVP that I would attend can I come or not?

Scott

CougarCJ

Yeah, me too, am I on the list or not? :mad:

RSVP'ing through the several threads was not enough?

Another Scott

Robbie273

Paul,

I am also concerned if I can show up to the event or not. I did read that you needed a head count for the food and cars but did not know that it may now be a problem just to show up. My brother and I were going to fly in from Phoenix for the event but if were not able to attend please let me know now as I would hate to waste our time traveling.

franklinair

I'm coming, and would believe that ANYONE interested in Mustangs would enjoy the 'car show'. If there were to be an overflow as far as lunch is concerned, (giving the C/S and HCS members preference) I'm sure there are adequate places to eat in the immediate area. And still enjoy the gathering for what it is intended. Beautiful Mustangs are a joy to behold, regardless of origin. Parking may indeed be a problem, but let's try to make everyone feel welcome and do the best we can. My 2 cents worth!

Neil

Timmknz

I think Paul did a great job of communicating the requirements for this event. I didn't have my car ready by the 5th, so I knew I couldn't bring it.
Thanks Paul for your hard work!
Tim

joedls

I'm coming, and would believe that ANYONE interested in Mustangs would enjoy the 'car show'. If there were to be an overflow as far as lunch is concerned, (giving the C/S and HCS members preference) I'm sure there are adequate places to eat in the immediate area. And still enjoy the gathering for what it is intended. Beautiful Mustangs are a joy to behold, regardless of origin. Parking may indeed be a problem, but let's try to make everyone feel welcome and do the best we can. My 2 cents worth!

Neil

Neil,
You are a gentleman and a scholar........

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I was unaware that I had to RSVP if I just wanted to show up without a car. So, am I understanding correctly? If I didn't RSVP that I would attend can I come or not?

Scott

Oh, gosh, Scott....you are more than welcome. I'm not talking like it's a strict invitation only party with bouncers and everything....LOL!

Get to the party, and have a burger....

Paul :)

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Yeah, me too, am I on the list or not? :mad:
RSVP'ing through the several threads was not enough?
Another Scott

You're good to come. You always have been, Scott.

I'm not talking about the CS people (that have posted here, etc...),or on my mailing list...

I just wanted to make it clear that this is for GT/CS folks and I didn't want to see a large group of "other" Mustangs showing up, because someone invited them at the last minute.

I don't want to put a damper on this, I just want to preserve the spirit of the party by having us do our own thing. This was the intent from the beginning.

Paul.

Midnight Special

...Paul, get a couple of vested volunteers with your list of the 25 cars and check only them into your designated parking area. Then go to your computer, design, then print 75 lunch tickets for the BBQ, disperse to those on your list (on site) and present Galpin with the final headcount right before lunch. Those without tickets can then have the option to participate and purchase lunch. Brief all involved to politely vector the extras to as suitable place for overflow as possible.

We do this all the time for VIP parking and comp'd dinners at air shows... It CAN and will work, but keep it friendly!

It is the real reason and means of confirming RSVPs....

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Neil

That's perfectly fine, it's just that the GAS parking lot will be for the 25 GT/CS cars we know about. If other Mustangers want to come, they should know that there may not be a place to park nearby, and that the luncheon is for us. The Galpin Restaurant is more than happy to serve anyone who wants to come there (about a block away).

I'd be very happy to see anyone else who wants to come. Sure!!

This is our day.

PMN.

GTCSMustang

Paul, Thanks. I've been looking forward to it and I'll be there. Can't wait to see everyone. BTW, great job on the window decals. I was worried that you weren't going to make a HCS one. Glad you did. You are a talented guy.

Scott

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

...Paul, get a couple of vested volunteers with your list of the 25 cars and check only them into your designated parking area. Then go to your computer, design, then print 75 lunch tickets for the BBQ, disperse to those on your list (on site) and present Galpin with the final headcount right before lunch. Those without tickets can then have the option to participate and purchase lunch. Brief all involved to politely vector the extras to as suitable place for overflow as possible.

We do this all the time for VIP parking and comp'd dinners at air shows... It CAN and will work, but keep it friendly!

It is the real reason and means of confirming RSVPs....

Hi Tim..You must have sent them brainwaves, because that is exactly their plan--I was told today.

Thanks for the idea.

PMN

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Paul, Thanks. I've been looking forward to it and I'll be there. Can't wait to see everyone. BTW, great job on the window decals. I was worried that you weren't going to make a HCS one. Glad you did. You are a talented guy.

Scott

I'd planned to do a HCS decal for some time now...as well as a late model one. I have the 2007 number (7K+), and a 2008 number that is "estimated".

I tend to get paternalistic with you guys...looking out for you all in one way or another. I don't mean to sound elitist, or arrogant--I just want to preserve our little celebration, and certainly anyone else is welcome, as long as they know what our game plan is for the day.

thanks for understanding.. We're going to have a LOT of FUN!!

Paul.

wyckdvixen

hi there,

i found out about this event from another forum and proceeded to post it on the forums i actively belong and participate ... in the appropriate section of course (GT/CS) and i was unaware that registration was necessary ... i went to the GAS site but all they had was the date and time... tonite i decided to take a peek here to see if i could find more info on it...
btw - i'm a not-so-new member ... i came across this site when i first got my GT/CS last august but thought it was only for the older CS's - thinking i didn't belong, i went somewhere else - :cry: ... anyways, ... read and browse the forum and thought - i just might belong! :icon_ecst - if ya'll would have me... :icon_lol: ... i'm also an active member of a couple of other forums (do come visit me @ mymustangsite.com) and @ the BMC so i hope that'd be ok...

anyways, i'd like to RSVP for about 3 or 4 more GT/CS to attend the event this sat. ... pls. let me know if that's ok... and i look fwd. to meeting ya'll...
:grin:

Last edited:

rvrtrash

hi there,

btw - i'm a not-so-new member ... i came across this site when i first got my GT/CS last august but thought it was only for the older CS's - thinking i didn't belong, i went somewhere else - :cry: ... anyways, ... read and browse the forum and thought - i just might belong! :icon_ecst - if ya'll would have me... :icon_lol: ...
COLOR] :grin:

We have plenty of members who have newer cars, and I think they're welcome here as much as anyone--and you would be also.

Steve