• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Front Bumper choice

murf104

The time has come to purchase a new front bumper. On the car is a generic (I think) bumper that is distorted and has poor (kindly stated) chrome. Is there a reproduction front bumper currently being sold that fits and looks good. Locating and replating an original bumper is not an option just now but if no one is manufacturing a quaoity part that fits then maybe just keeping the awful bumper I have may be the best option. Someone had noted that NPD was now selling a 68 bumper that was of quaoity plating that was supposed to fit well - anyone purchased and installed one of these in the last 30 days or so? As always your experience and advice is appreciated.

Mosesatm

The time has come to purchase a new front bumper. On the car is a generic (I think) bumper that is distorted and has poor (kindly stated) chrome. Is there a reproduction front bumper currently being sold that fits and looks good. Locating and replating an original bumper is not an option just now but if no one is manufacturing a quaoity part that fits then maybe just keeping the awful bumper I have may be the best option. Someone had noted that NPD was now selling a 68 bumper that was of quaoity plating that was supposed to fit well - anyone purchased and installed one of these in the last 30 days or so? As always your experience and advice is appreciated.

I just ordered one from Ron.

http://shop.rnrclassics.net/category.sc?categoryId=15

limelyt

when we did our build we ordered one from NDP, not very good chrome, was faking off on the ends. Ordered two more from someone else at the local Mustang shop in town and the same think when they arrived, also really bad chrome on the inside. We finially desided to take the orginial one in and have it re-chromed...excellant show finish and it only cost $200.00.

Gary

di81977

I have heard lots of bad things about the Asian products (cheap, thin, bad chrome, don't fit, etc). I am sure some are better than others. Let us know what you think when it arrives. I also need new bumpers.

One of the benefits of having your existing ones re-chromed is that you know they will bolt back in place.

regards
David

OP
OP
M

murf104

Quote" I just ordered one from Ron."

Please let us know how it fits and looks when your bumper arrives. Also can you identify the manufacturer of your bumper?

clubpro

Murf,

The manufacturer is Nordan and from what I have heard and seen they are the best repro bumper around. They are made in Japan and have a good reputation. I have a front bumper that is about 6 or 7 years old and it has held up really well. The bumpers that you need to stay away from are the ones made in Taiwan they are junk to say the least. If you order from me remember to order via PM not from my website. You will pay less if you PM me.

Cheers,

Ron

nates68

Ron is right they are good for repos. Had mine for years same brand.

Nates68