• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ "Weeping" windshield washers

OUR P51

Today after the Sanderson Ford show I noticed dried water drop marks coming from the passenger side windshield washer. I got out the Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer and wiped them away. I had some errands to run and noticed them again after I parked. Dried water marks again. What the heck? Wiped 'em off again and then watched the washers as I drove away. Sure enough just after pulling away the washers emitted "tears" again at around 5 -10 mph, enough to make it to the edge of the hood and this time they came from the driver's side too!

I stopped and got out one of my smaller detail brushes, used the windshield washers to squirt some windshield washer (with Rain-X) and then used my brush to give the nozzles a thorough cleaning. Then wiped away the excess washer fluid and drove away. More "weeping", got out and used the Microfiber cloths again to wipe up the excess, and again on the face of the washers. Then drove away slowly, no more "tears". So I stood on it up through 3rd, no "weeping". Checked the hood after I backed in to the garage. No dried "tear" marks...

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Am I correct in assuming they were dirty? (Although I keep the car spotless on a daily basis.) Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

GTCS07

I've never seen that but I was crying thinking how you were at a show and I was watching it snow.

OP
OP
OUR P51

OUR P51

I think the good cleaning must have done the trick. Although I find it strange that a very little bit of dirt would be enough for the water to leech out like that.

Regarding your winter. Sorry you have to put your very cool GT/CS away, GT/CS07. I used to live in PA, work in NYC and NJ. The winters did seem long and messy.

Ahh Rhode Island, lovely place though! On the bright side you have the ocean, Newport (Wooden Boat) shows, Nantucket, and Martha's Vineyard all wonderful places to visit. And I fondly recall that $21.00 would buy a bucket of lobster out your way. What a feast!

In addition to Lake Winnipesaukee just over in NH (great for blasting around in high powered mahogany historic watercraft) and landing float planes. When thawed of course. LOL!

My best friend had an ice boat that was his winter toy. Then he married a wonderful woman who also got her pilots license to keep up with him, and it is beautiful country to fly over at 5000 ft. Which is how I got to see your wonderful state's seashore from the air. I would drive up from PA, spend the weekend with them and chip in $ for AV-Gas, anything to get up in the planes with them. And you have the fall foliage.

Maybe get a somewhat hotrodded 4x4 to have fun blasting around in the snow?

aemoo28

Mine does this, but only after I've washed it and the water gets pulled out by force when I '"speed dry" her using the wind on the freeway. Then when I use the shami on the water spots, I notice all the weeping, and I use q tips to dry the holes.

It's SO hard to keep a black car spotless, eh?

GTCS07

Mark, I work in NYC, go down there twice a week from RI, I agree we have some nice areas here but I'm a summer person. In the winter I don't like to do anything outside. I did have a monster truck a few years ago but it was expensive to run. I just go on-line and plan for warm weather. And remember,black isn't a color, it's a second job. For years I only owned black vehicles. LOL!

OP
OP
OUR P51

OUR P51

Aemoo28 thanks for the Q-tip trick. I will keep some in the trunk. Haven't had that problem since. Try Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer. I squirt some on a Microfiber wipe over the water spots and immediately chase it with a second (dry) Microfiber. Works great on the occasional bug jerky too, keeping in mind bugs have hard shells so I flick the shells out of the Microfiber.

Aemoo28 and GTCS07 you are right about black. Try living in a desert on top of it. I CA Car Duster every day after work, Quick Detailing when needed. It is 15 minutes of me time while I let the traffic simmer down, my therapy! LOL!

GTCS07 if you are a summer person you need to move out here. I know easier said than done, keep in mind we have low 80°s, blue sky and sunshine right through the weekend. Yep it's hot for 3 months, yet I prefer heat to rain, ice and snow.

When we want to play in the snow we go up to Flagstaff, have some fun, the Grandkids get cold and it's time to drive back down to the desert again and leave the snow behind. My kind of winter!

When it rains we leave our GT/CS in the garage, my wonderful wife understands that it takes a long time to redetail, so we commute together as often as we can. We go green and keep the GT/CS clean, LoL!