• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale my '68 GT/CS J Code

daveS

Well, I really hate to do this but it looks like I probably need to sell my beloved GT/CS. Lots of house repairs to do and a work schedule that doesn't give me much time to take this car out and show it off much. So, I am putting it out there to see if anyone is hot for it. :grin:

Here's the info as I know it.

This car has headrests, AC, PB, PS, J code, large tach, am/fm 8-track, deluxe shoulder belts, trip odometer, restored center console, vinyl roof....just to name a few.

I bought the car in June 2009. In early 2009, the previous owner (professional mechanic and hot rod builder) had the following work done....new front suspension, new front brakes, newly rebuilt C4 trans, new exhaust with flowmasters (sounds killer), new hoses under the hood and for the AC, repainted engine, new ignition, new rubber door and trunk seals & new tires.

Right after I bought the car in 2009 I had it checked out at Mustang Ranch in San Jose and had about $2500 worth of work done on the car including rear brake shoes & cylinders, turned rear drums, major tune up (runs great), new fluids, exhaust manifold gaskets, rear new oil pump, rear wheel bearings, front wheel bearing, power steering rubber boot, professional detail.

The car appears to be mostly original and it has a Marti report and original black plates. It appears to be a California car through and through having been made at the San Jose Plant, and sold in Pasadena. I also appears to have been well maintained. I bought it in Southern California near the Burbank/Pasadena area. I had the car professionally transported to me in San Jose.

The previous owner actually won an award with this car at a Mustang show in SoCal. The previous owner put a different front grille on the car (looks sweet!), but the car came with the original grille which is in very good condition. The car also has an extra carb that comes with it which I believe is either the original or a "Holley made for Motorcraft" 4bbl carb (I'll have to double check). The fog lights appear to be original, are in great shape and functional. Everything seems to work on this car right down to the turn indicators on the hood and the little lamp inside of the hood.

The car seems to have been pretty well cared for. I went over it pretty closely before I bought it and couldn't find any traces of rust, or bodywork. At some point it was repainted Poppy Red which looks great on this car ! It runs great and drives solid, and someone always comments about it when I take it out on a sunny California day. I'm pretty fastidious about this car and always cleaned it up after driving it, never took it out in the rain or after rain, and keep it covered in the garage.

So here are some pictures....

Let's start with the door plate info......
BSDlUQWkKGrHgoOKiUEjlLmV48BKBMrG5Ybw_1.jpg

Here's the Marti Report......
BSDlwB2kKGrHgoOKjUEjlLmTEG6BKBMrDDjSQ_1.jpg

Here's the inside....
DSCN4280.jpg

DSCN4271.jpg

BSDlvlQB2kKGrHgoOKj0EjlLmUlQIBKBMq6YrPg_1.jpg

DSCN4277.jpg

DSCN4276.jpg

6f07_1.jpg

BSDl0ngCGkKGrHgoOKjkEjlLmytBKBMrdIjfQ_1.jpg

DSCN4239.jpg

Here's the engine....
BSDlrWQWkKGrHgoOKiUEjlLmV5LBKBMqZgW_1.jpg

69ee_1.jpg

Here's the outside.....(this was before I had it detailed)
GTCS1.jpg

GTCS3.jpg

GTCS4.jpg

GTCS2.jpg

DSCN4295.jpg

DSCN4297.jpg

It even comes with a fold out brochure that looks like this.....
wn560a.jpg

I love this car and its one of the coolest and cleanest GT/CSs I looked at when I was shopping around a couple of years ago. I really cool example of when American cars were awesome ! The car was appraised right before I bought it by West Coast Auto Appraisals in SoCal. The ratings in the appraisal go from 1-6 ...1 being excellent show quality...6 being a parts car. The car got nearly all 2 ratings on interior and exterior. The appraisal was for $28,900 and a copy is available. I've got about $30K into the car and I am looking to get $25k for it.

email: <leftyguitar66 at hotmail dot com>
phone: (408) 832-3269

Last edited:

whodat

This is the car I flew to california to see. I didn't like the color and thought it was overpriced at $28,500. I was wondering if Jim had sold it. As I looked on this site several times through the archives. But that camaro was pretty fine.

OP
OP
D

daveS

Thought I'd resurrect this thread and see if anyone is interested.
Cheers
-Dave