• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS For Sale

EddieG

Hello everyone, I am new here. I recently bought a CS
on Ebay. It was on a whim and I tried to retract bid, but could not. I am now owner of CS in garage. After i got it I paid for Marti report that I learned about on this site. I have learned a lot since I got it, but still know very little compared to you guys. The vin on the window and door match and the marti report says it is real. I have $10,400 in the car. It runs and drives well.
Have found out it was in a wreck, but had it checked at a body shop and was told it was not a serious wreck and was repaired well. Also no rust. Not the original engine, has a 302, 2 barrel. Auto. Is it worth it?

rvrtrash

What part of the car was wrecked and did they replace all the parts with original or repop's? Post a couple of pictures, let us know what options it has, what the original engine/tranny was, if all the CS parts are there and we can give you a better idea. I'd hate to say otherwise.
Steve

OP
OP
E

EddieG

The CS had a 289 when new, now has 302. Power
Steering, no power brakes no air, no console. The wreck
was on the front left fender, don't know what it was repaired with. The body shop checked it over fairly well and said it was not a bad wreck. I posted a couple pics.

Attachments

• IM000312.JPG
    IM000312.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 15

rvrtrash

I only saw one picture but a bent fender isn't a big deal if it was replaced with an original one and if it didn't get the inner fenders, core support, grill or Lucas lights. It looks like a nice car. I'd say you didn't get hurt.
Steve

Robbie273Sr

I believe that I have some info on your car. If you want I can fill you in with some information on what was replaced on the car when it was hit. I looked at the car when it was for sale in the auto trader in Tucson, AZ a few months back. I too was considering buying it and even got the Ford 999 history on it.

OP
OP
E

EddieG

Hello robbie,

Yes I would like any info on my car you have. I also
got the ford report on it. Are you still interested in it?
Thanks,

Clifford Gladwell
Edruthie44@peoplepc.com