• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

6-Cylinder '68 Mustang

68gulfstream

Congratulations on the new car, it's a real beauty.

If you need any advice on transport I recently went shopping for a carrier and would be happy to share the experience.

Ruppstang

If you need a over night the Rupp Inn is about 5 hours from Springfield MO.

mbsf1970

OMG what a beautiful clean looking car!

if you need a driver lmk. I can find my way to Rupp Inn AND Post Falls and Spokane areas...:grin:

Stephen

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Here we go!
This setup may even scare Rob.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• mufp_0607_02z+six_cylinder_performance_supercharged+engine_view.jpg
    mufp_0607_02z+six_cylinder_performance_supercharged+engine_view.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 38

robert campbell

Here we go!
This setup may even scare Rob.:rolleyes:

How cool is that!!!!!! A boosted 4 barrel 6 shooter. Bet it makes tons of power and the block and cranks are nearly bomb proof!!

Back in the day Ak Miller was a big Ford 6 builder. I have seen one of his motors with six motorcycle carbs on it!! Way cool!!

Rob

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

That is a really good color, and a nicely done coupe. Factory deluxe interior?

Just to mess with people, I would custom make a rear valance with just one GT exhaust cutout and chromed tip.

I like the idea of a 5 speed.

It has a brake booster, does it have front discs? No power steering?

I like the dual exhaust and 5-speed ideas. I’d probably use Rob’s exhaust tips, they look meaner.

robert campbell

Arlie,
5 speed would be bitchin!! And will increase the gas mileage and fun factor!! Dual exhaust with a split header system would be cool!!

Bring that six shooter over!! We can have a bunch of fun with your money!! My favorite!!

Rob

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I’ve heard horror stories about changing a ring and pinion. Is it really that difficult? If I switch to a 5-speed some day I’ll need to change the rear gears.

Ruppstang

The I6 axel is not a removable carrier. I have not changed gears in one, I opted to find another complete axel with a better ratio. Most automatics were 2.82 and the manuals were 3.25. I may have a 3.25. It really made a great driver out of our 67.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

The rear gears were changed to 3.20.
Someone also installed Pertronix ignition but didn't use a 12V source. Is there a good source under the hood or am I going back to the ignition switch, or fuse box?

Neil,
You posted this in another thread.
....I opted to use the connector @ the firewall (in the engine compartment). It's the square connector, wire #904 in the wiring diagram
Did you splice into an existing wire?

Today was spent fixing an exhaust leak.
Next are valve seals and a timing set.

Attachments

• 3-10-18.jpg-1000.jpg
    3-10-18.jpg-1000.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: