• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

South Dakota High Country Special

68MustangHCS

I thought that read somewhere on this website or maybe another....that HCS' were made for Colorado, Nebraska, and Wyoming......well we need to add South Dakota to the list.

I have two deluxe Marti reports for my (2) 68 HCS'S. They are both are 2005 reports ordered this year one is report number 3006 and 5012. The first report lists the first option as the "California Special" and the last option is "High Country Special" while my second report for my other HCS states only "California Special" option and no mention of the HCS option.

The car has all the tell tale options, cuts (i.e. hood, taillights), it has the decals on it and it is a DSO 51 car. Marti reports the Dealer as Frontier Motors, Inc, Rapid City, South Dakota. My other HCS has also DSO 51 and the Dealer is Johnny Harper Motors, Wheat Ridge, CO.

Anyone have the same dealers for their cars, or any other states beside Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming, and South Dakota?

One ironic thing to note...both of my cars were built on June 20th 1968, and released on June 22nd, 1968. The were both serialized on different days though and are about 1400 numbers apart from each other.

I have my cars listed on the website link on this page.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/806332

hicountrybob

Stephen, we don't have to add South Dakota to the list. It's BEEN on the list for years, because those dealers got their cars from Denver Div. DSO 51 just as Wyoming, Nebraska, and Colorado dealers did. I think we can all agree that much info out there is repeated and rewritten but then some info is deleted. In your case, I have no doubt that you've read about the Co, Nebr, and Wyo stuff and whoever published or wrote this stuff overlooked So Dak. Even Mustang Monthly has been sloppy with info that I've sent them over the years. For your info, one of the 428 HCS cars IS in So Dak, has always been there and was originally bought new from a dealer there on July 31,1968. By the way, do I have your 2 cars in the registry????? hicountry bob here.

OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

[quote author=hicountrybob link=board=1;threadid=2185;start=0#msg14867 date=1128201592]
By the way, do I have your 2 cars in the registry????? hicountry bob here.
[/quote]

Hey Bob, Thanks for your input. I just listed my 2nd HCS in the registry here at CaliforniaSpecial.com. I'm not sure how fast you get the updates or info. I can send you a copy of the Marti report for your records if you like. I love these cars, so I saw another one for sale and bought it. I drove it today and just enjoyed all of the attention. I need to call you sometime so we can chat. My son Joshua is just starting to drive, and he wants a California Special for his first car..I told him good luck ...I can just see 3 of these cars parked on my property...ha ha..HighCoutrySteve

njmop

Nice HCS. I was watching it on ebay. Funning thing is that I flew to California a month ago to buy my GT/CS because I couldn't find anything locally in NJ! Good luck, it looks like a solid car

OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

[quote author=njmop link=board=1;threadid=2185;start=0#msg14880 date=1128224803]
Nice HCS. I was watching it on ebay. Funning thing is that I flew to California a month ago to buy my GT/CS because I couldn't find anything locally in NJ! Good luck, it looks like a solid car
[/quote]

I flew in to Newark for this one last weekend. Drove it home with no problems, just a long drive and about a hundred bucks worth of Gas. What part of NJ are you from? Got any pictures of your car yet? If so send me a couple thanks.. kirkpatris@ec.rr.com

njmop

I'll send some picks after football is over! ;)
I live in Belmar (Monmouth county). My car is far less complete, but very drivable. I didn't see the final bid for yours but I got a "good" car for about 7K+1K shipping. I went to a swap meet last weekend here in NJ and got tons of 67 parts for spares (door, glass, molding, interior parts). Need Lucas lamps and right side scoop to get on my way back to original.

OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

[quote author=njmop link=board=1;threadid=2185;start=0#msg14888 date=1128286630]
I'll send some picks after football is over!
[/quote]
Hope you enjoyed the football. I was all into the RACE (NASCAR) and the Sox/Yankees game. Thanks for the pictures..

Nebraska HCS

My 66 HCS coupe was sold new in Sidney Nebraska but my 68 HCS was a Denver car sold new at O'Meara Ford.

Scott

OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

[quote author=Nebraska HCS link=board=1;threadid=2185;start=0#msg15269 date=1128991519]
My 66 HCS coupe was sold new in Sidney Nebraska but my 68 HCS was a Denver car sold new at O'Meara Ford.

Scott
[/quote]

Hey good to hear from a fellow BIG RED CORNHUSKER. I'm from Nebraska too, but live in NC. I have two HCS' too. One of mine is also from Colorado.

hicountrybob

Steven, WOW, HCS's FROM Montana and North Dakota??? New one on me. Do you mean any HCS originally sold by a dealer up there in those 2 states or any now located up there. Please clarify your question a little more. Bob here

OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

[quote author=hicountrybob link=board=1;threadid=2185;start=0#msg15276 date=1128999810]
Steven, WOW, HCS's FROM Montana and North Dakota??? New one on me. Do you mean any HCS originally sold by a dealer up there in those 2 states or any now located up there. Please clarify your question a little more. Bob here
[/quote]

Were there any Dealers from those states that sold HCS'?

Mosesatm

Unless they picked one up at a dealer auction or traded for one. According to Paul (I'm paraphrasing) any car could have been sold by any dealer anywhere.

68sunlitgold

I know of one HCS in ND that I am trying to get pics of (to include a price), the owner has been in ND his entire life and bought it from a ND dealer but I do not know what the DSO is but most likely a replant from Denver. My brother has confirmed he has the car but he is dragging his feet in getting my any info.

Doug

hicountrybob

[quote author=hicountrybob link=board=1;threadid=2185;start=0#msg14867 date=1128201592]
By the way, do I have your 2 cars in the registry????? hicountry bob here.

Hey Bob, Thanks for your input. I just listed my 2nd HCS in the registry here at CaliforniaSpecial.com. I'm not sure how fast you get the updates or info. I can send you a copy of the Marti report for your records if you like. I love these cars, so I saw another one for sale and bought it. I drove it today and just enjoyed all of the attention. I need to call you sometime so we can chat. My son Joshua is just starting to drive, and he wants a California Special for his first car..I told him good luck ...I can just see 3 of these cars parked on my property...ha ha..HighCoutrySteve[/QUOTE]

Yes, Scott, please me a copy of your Marti reports before your cars "go" away somewhere. Thanks, Bob Teets here.

Diesel Donna

I'll send some picks after football is over! ;)
I live in Belmar (Monmouth county). My car is far less complete, but very drivable. I didn't see the final bid for yours but I got a "good" car for about 7K+1K shipping. I went to a swap meet last weekend here in NJ and got tons of 67 parts for spares (door, glass, molding, interior parts). Need Lucas lamps and right side scoop to get on my way back to original.

I've been meaning to tell you that my ambulance was originally ordered for the Deal,N.J. (Monmouth County!) volunteer fire department. I bought it in June 2005 in western New York, then before I drove it west to California in June of 2006,...I had contacted the Deal VFD and asked them if they wanted to see it. I had to go to Virginia Beach, VA anyhow for a graduation so I detoured over to Deal and had a great time with the guys at the station and even scored a picture of my car brand new when it was delivered to them. In 1970, that car was almost $25,000.00! The most expen$ive ambulance ever built. The people of the borough of Deal did not want to ride in a Chevy or Ford ambulance so they ponied up the money to get this Cadillac!
It had only 22,000 miles on it when I bought it. I still have the Jersey inspection sticker from 1970 in the windshield and a map of Deal on the visor.
By the way, I almost got in a fist fight the first time I stopped to get gas in Jersey... I had no idea I wasn't suppose to pump my own gas...so when the attendent came over and snatched my ATM card from my hand, well......
This Cali girl wasn't used to that! He was about a foot shorter than me, I ended up pumping my own gas :grin: .
Oh...and then I thought I would never get out of the state....seems one cannot make a left turn anywhere....three rights to make a left what's up with that? LOL!

~~~~Donna

somethingspecial

First time I went to Oregon, I was with someone from NJ, She told me the only two places where you can't pump you own gas is NJ and Oregon.
So, since we are on the subject Donna, do three lefts make a right?
Keep August 18th open, I will not take NO or Maybe for an answer. Just be here. LOL Mike

Diesel Donna

First time I went to Oregon, I was with someone from NJ, She told me the only two places where you can't pump you own gas is NJ and Oregon.
So, since we are on the subject Donna, do three lefts make a right?
Keep August 18th open, I will not take NO or Maybe for an answer. Just be here. LOL Mike

YESSIR !! So glad you freshened up that post as I had not put it on the calender yet. .
And yes three lefts do make a right.Unless you made a U-turn. Congratulations on yours and Robinette's new cars!!