• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS Project for $3,500 in Georgia

Mosesatm

The ad says that the exterior color is brown. Could this be an elusive Pebble Beige car?

ETA: Nope, a "U" color code is Tahoe Turquoise.

Last edited:

franklinair

I verified it's a C/S (Marti). The car is close by (50 miles), and I sent a couple inquiries to the seller. It would be a complete re-do: body panels, doors, floor pans, interior, and the frame rails & torque boxes would have to be evaluated as well. I'm sorta interested, depending on the answers I get from the seller. (65A U 2A 15D 71 2 W) Automatic, P/S.
Neil Hoppe

franklinair

Saturday, 1-19. Bid is now @ $2800. I'll pass.
Neil

Saturday night, 1-19. $2800 bidder rescinded his/her bid. (Didn't know you could do that).Bid is now @ $910 (closer to reality). I'll keep watching.
Neil

Last edited:

HappyHour

Thats a pretty sizeable jump...I thought an auction was supposed to move in small increments? Doesnt show the rescinded bid.

gtcs1

Thats a pretty sizeable jump...I thought an auction was supposed to move in small increments? Doesnt show the rescinded bid.

You're right about the increment expect it differs only for the cases when there is a reserve greater than the previous bid normal increments.

In those cases, if your bid is above the reserve, ebay increase your bid right away to that amount.

You can see the comment of the seller about the bid retract. I guess the bidder was just looking to see what was the reserve. Even though ebay has rules, there is no consequence to those who retract their bids, so some abuses it.

koronen

I would strongly consider buying this car if I had more time to have it stored...I won't be back in the states for another 2 months, and he will only let it sit for 45 days...that and i have no place to store it....oh well, good luck for whoever goes for it =)

franklinair

Sunday night, 1-20. Bidding closes in 2Hrs. Now up to $2800. Too high for what I think its worth.
Koronen; you buy it, I'll store it for you. I'm 50 miles north of Toccoa.
Neil Hoppe

rvrtrash

Way to step up Neil! I was thinking I'd store it for him if I was closer. You're right though. I'd think it would be a better deal to grab Joe's for 6K than that one at 3K.

Steve