• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale J-Code 4 speed

NWGearhead

I am in the process of buying a larger house and it looks like something might have to go to make the deal work. That something is my GT/CS :cry:

To that end I am testing the waters to see what the market thinks about my baby. It is a very nicely restomodded (sorry purists) Candyapple red with white stripes J-code 4 speed. I have the elite Marti which shows it as a one of one (red exterior, red interior, J-code, 4-speed). The engine has been balanced and blueprinted, has electronic ignition, aftermarket intake, tri-y headers hooked to dual flowmasters, Torque-Thrust rims with new rubber (also comes with the original rims and hubcaps with brand new tires), and a 5-speed with a Hurst shifter in place of the original 4-speed. It also has a nice Alpine amp, head unit, and speakers. Finally, it still has the original Marchal foglights.

Understanding that the market is a bit soft now, what are your opinions on worth? Grundy currently has it appraised at $32,500 for insurance purposes.

I have attach a few pictures, but if you would like more I can certainly send them.

Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• 68fordmustanggtcsred02.jpg
    68fordmustanggtcsred02.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 68gtcs01.jpg
    68gtcs01.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 68gtcs07.jpg
    68gtcs07.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 131

classicsguy

There was a magazine article in Mustang Monthly I believe and in it was a list of Mustangs that should NOT be modified and the 1968 GT/CS and HCS were in that list.

68 special

Beautiful car. I think Jason is right in the ball park. Even with the mods, it is very tastefully done. If I still lived in Medford, we could hook up. Have you been to the cruise in Medford that's usually in June? Next year I'll bring my car down and visit my family. kill two birds with one stone. Anyway, good luck.

Bret

OP
OP
N

NWGearhead

Beautiful car. I think Jason is right in the ball park. Even with the mods, it is very tastefully done. If I still lived in Medford, we could hook up. Have you been to the cruise in Medford that's usually in June? Next year I'll bring my car down and visit my family. kill two birds with one stone. Anyway, good luck.

Bret

I haven't taken the GT/CS to Medford, but I have had it in the Klamath Kruise for the past two years. In fact, the car trophied in its class both times. The other winners in the class were a Hertz GT350 and a Boss 302. Since the three of us have won both years, we were thinking about changing classes so others would have a shot at the trophies.

As for value, I tend to agree that low to mid 20's is about right.

di81977

Nice looking car. This is a desirable combination (J code and 4spd). I would expect that there are interested individuals out there.

As someone that has a modified HCS, I have to agree that to get top dollar, stock/originality is key with these cars. When I go to sell mine, I will be putting the 302 back in with original carb, manifolds, distributor, water pump, etc.

Good luck with your car and your new house.

david

OP
OP
N

NWGearhead

Nice looking car. This is a desirable combination (J code and 4spd). I would expect that there are interested individuals out there.

As someone that has a modified HCS, I have to agree that to get top dollar, stock/originality is key with these cars. When I go to sell mine, I will be putting the 302 back in with original carb, manifolds, distributor, water pump, etc.

Good luck with your car and your new house.

david

I agree that original is the way to go for top dollar. If I had bought this car unrestored originally, that is probably the path I would have taken.

Thankfully, with the exception of the original 4-speed, there is nothing done that cannot be fairly easily reversed to get it back to stock. I just wish the prior owner would have included the original tranny, but that's life.

I'm still hoping to hang onto it, but at the end of the day it's only plastic and metal, and if it has to go, so be it. There will be other opportunities down the road to throw perfectly good green pieces of paper at garage toys. :icon_lol: