• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Larry Harmon, longtime Bozo the Clown, dead at 83 ...

P

PNewitt

When you read something like this, you can't help but think of some joke in it....like Johnny Carson would do....

On the other hand, you have to think of how a person like that gained fame and a career as a clown...to give joy to thousands of kids and adults.

There are many people that have had acting and entertainment careers in life, and they "fade" away in the spotlight. It's really sad.

There's the "Hollywood Collector's Show" that have these events in Hollywood, CA (Burbank Airport), and in Florida about twice a year. I've been to a few of these events, and it's sad to see actors you grew up with, and then see them so much older. I remember seeing the actor that played 'Otis" on Andy Griffith Show, and about a month later, he'd passed away.

I've been fortunate to know a few actors and movie people in Hollywood, and there are so many sad stories in their lives. Fame does have a downside.

We owe a lot to these people.

Paul N.