• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Correct seatbelt color?

somethingspecial

My GT/CS had/will have again, Ivy Gold interior. as long as I have known about this car, early 80s, it has had black seat belts. is this a color that would be correct, or do I need to replace with Ivy Gold seat belts. Does anyone Know? ??? :-\

GTCSMustang

My first thought was that they should be the same color as the interior and not black. I had a gold 1968 Mustang with saddle interior and it had black seat belts front and back. I'd check the date on the cloth tags on the belts before I changed anything...just to see if they matched the build date of your car. Is it a standard or deluxe interior?

Scott

GTCSMustang

I also have a 1968 Mustang with parchment interior that has brown belts in it. It has a deluxe interior. The other gold Mustang I mentioned in the previous post had standard interior with black belts. I'm thinking that the upgraded interior got belts that matched the interior, but the standard interior cars got black belts.

Scott

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Thanks Scott, It has Standard Interior. The belts are boxed away, and I can't check right now. I believe these to be the original. Since I am going concorse, I need it to be correct. If you find out, Please let me know. Mike

Russ

Mike, I have two '68 Mustangs with lime gold exterior and ivy gold interiors. Both have the deluxe interior option and both have black seat belts. They also have black knobs on the window cranks. One car was made in San Jose and the other in New Jersey. These cars have never been restored and do not appear to have been modified in any way. They both have the chrome bezal around the edge of the seat belt buckle. Hope this helps,

Russ

390cs68rcode

my .02

from what I have read and heard there really was no method to the way they did it. I had a VERY original 68 GT390 coupe that had a original saddle deluxe interior and it had saddle colored belts front and rear with the chrome bezels.

Diesel Donna

My exterior color is Lime Gold Metallic and my interior is Ivy standard.....my seat belts are dark green.

ViCatz

The sales brochure may call out teh colours and options for belts.
As noted there was colour keyed and non colour keyed as well as deluxe belts. Depending on body style and option level depended on what belts one would get.
The only reason I can think a green interior got blk knobs was someone changed them or the factory was out of them.
My Lime69 ext int has dark green deluxe belts and green knobs matching the interior.