• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Who in Salem

CougarCJ

Who in Salem?

IMG_0167.jpg

My boss was running an errand and had the camera in his pocket. Seen on 12th street in Salem, Oregon.

Timmknz

I wonder if

It's my folks old car- see my gallery. Let me know if you find out who this is please!

Thanks
Tim

Mosesatm

I think Arlie's has the Shelby wheels.:)

Bret

Actually, the Presidential Blue car now has Keystones, but I did put the Shelby wheels from my aqua car on it for one car show.

The car, with its Keystones, was loaded into a trailer yesterday for a long trip to its new home. I sold it to a member of this site.

Mustanglvr

Actually, the Presidential Blue car now has Keystones, but I did put the Shelby wheels from my aqua car on it for one car show.

The car, with its Keystones, was loaded into a trailer yesterday for a long trip to its new home. I sold it to a member of this site.

I'm sorry you had to part with her Arlie, she's a beauty.

Ruppstang

Arlie, now that you have a empty space in the garage are you on the hunt for a new acquistion? That Presidential Blue car is a really nice looking car. I have only seen 2or3 cars that color. The new owner is very very lucky indeed. Marty

Mosesatm

Arlie, now that you have a empty space in the garage are you on the hunt for a new acquistion? That Presidential Blue car is a really nice looking car. I have only seen 2or3 cars that color. The new owner is very very lucky indeed. Marty

The truck seems to be happy being parked indoors, but never say never!

OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

It's my folks old car- see my gallery. Let me know if you find out who this is please!

Thanks
Tim

My boss said that this GT/CS had the original fog lights and original blue and gold Oregon license plates. Does not sound like a transplanted GT/CS to me. Your parents car was sold new in Oregon?

OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

Just over 3 years to cross paths

Finally got to see this car in person and meet the owner.
Not in the registry, door data plate information:
8R01C148381
65A X 2B 07C 71 2 W
Has power steering and brakes as options.

Lady name of Pam, said that she has had the car 37 years, her Father brought the car to Oregon from California. She pretty much drove this car every day for 30 years, both of her kids learned to drive, and get their licenses in this car.
After a repaint a few years ago, she decided to not install the stripes to the trunk and extensions. She and her husband had the front lowered as shown.
Pam lives in Salem, Oregon. She said that years ago there was a red GT/CS in the area with lots of patina, driven often by a little old lady well into her 70's. Been many years since she has seen the red GT/CS.