• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

needed: side marker

coloradoHCS

This past Monday I was driving through a BP gas station and an Electric company truck backed into my right rear quarter panel. I took it in right away and got an estimate. Not really all that bad. The Electric company will pay for the repair. No damage to any fiberglass, tail lights or extentions, but it did wipe out the side marker reflector. Now I need one and can't find any. If anyone has a new one or a good used one I would love to buy it. Thanks, Mark.

meadowsdk28

[quote author=ColoradoHCS link=board=3;threadid=1805;start=0#msg11628 date=1118875181]
This past Monday I was driving through a BP gas station and an Electric company truck backed into my right rear quarter panel. I took it in right away and got an estimate. Not really all that bad. The Electric company will pay for the repair. No damage to any fiberglass, tail lights or extentions, but it did wipe out the side marker reflector. Now I need one and can't find any. If anyone has a new one or a good used one I would love to buy it. Thanks, Mark.

Man, sorry to hear about that! At least it doesn't sound too bad. I'll bet that driver got out of his truck and about freaked when he saw what he backed into!
[/quote]

OP
OP
C

coloradoHCS

meadowsdk68, thanks, not too bad at all. Should be done sometime next week. As long as it is in there I am having them do a couple of othe minor things on my nickel.

The guy that hit me was horrified. He said "why couldn't have I hit an old junker?" He kept apologizing, but the damage really wasn't that bad.

Mark.

OP
OP
C

coloradoHCS

jbsteven, thanks, I will contact the seller, however mine is a late 68 with the chrome surround. This looks different. Maybe for the recessed unit? Mark.

68gt390

[quote author=ColoradoHCS link=board=3;threadid=1805;start=0#msg11665 date=1118948295]
jbsteven, thanks, I will contact the seller, however mine is a late 68 with the chrome surround. This looks different. Maybe for the recessed unit? Mark.
[/quote]

1968 Mustangs built prior to 15 Feb 68 used that type of reflector (inserted into a cut-out in the rear quarter), 68 Mustangs built after 15 Feb 68 were equipped with a bolt-on style red reflector with oval shaped chrome trim. The early reflector's are becoming harder and harder to find.

Don

meadowsdk28

I believe this is what he needs

Attachments

• -GTCS_script1.gif
    -GTCS_script1.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
C

coloradoHCS

Thanks to all for their help. After looking at countless used ones, some quite good, I decided to go with new. Expensive but the car is really nice. Mark.

390cs68rcode

[quote author=ColoradoHCS link=board=3;threadid=1805;start=0#msg11800 date=1119393496]
Thanks to all for their help. After looking at countless used ones, some quite good, I decided to go with new. Expensive but the car is really nice. Mark.
[/quote]

That's the way I think of things. If you buy used it will never be perfect. Buy it new and not have to worry about buying it again.

Mosesatm

[quote author=ColoradoHCS link=board=3;threadid=1805;start=0#msg11800 date=1119393496]
.....but the car is really nice. Mark.
[/quote]

I've seen it and can certainly 2nd that comment.

OP
OP
C

coloradoHCS

I went to pick up the HCS last Fiday. The body and paint work look great. The hood and fender tops always had a few little flaws in them so I left the car there and had them repaint the hood and the fenders down to the stripe. It now is flawless and the paint is a perfect match.

While it was in the paint booth a few oli drips were noticed coming from the powers steering assist unit. I left the body shop and took it to our fleet maintenance repair shop and had them look at it.

It now has a rebuilt power assist unit, new front brakes, new tie rod ends, new ball joints, new bearings and a fresh alignment.

Someone stop me!

At least I will be able to get to the California Special get together. Maybe I should freshen up the rear end and brakes first....

Mark