• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking for CS Factory Photo in Book..

P

PNewitt

I had a GT/CS owner tell me last week that he saw a photo of four GT/CSs in a row while being assembled at the San Jose (Milpitas) plant, in a book.

Although he's still racking his brain to remember (LOL), I'm wondering if anyone else knows of this photo, or has seen it.???

He says that it was in 1997 or 1998 when he saw it in this book. Not sure if it was a Mustang book, Ford book, or something else. So, it pre-dates 1998.

In a related note, in a recent interview I had with a factory worker (that was there with the GT/CS), he told me about how they "dropped" those 390/428 engines into Mustangs, with 1/2" clearance on each side. The poor guy in the pit had to navigate the transmission at just the right time! Ouch!!

thanks--Paul N.