• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale '68 Presidential Blue Project

sportbronc

I live in Green Bay and could take a look for anyone that is interested.

Keith

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Seeing you pull up in your restored Presidential Blue GT/CS would certainly blow the sellers mind!

sportbronc

If it wasn't 2 degrees (-15 windchill) with a foot of snow on the ground that would be tempting!

Keith

nineofive

Keith,

I am interested - if it not too much trouble I would appreciate your input.
Note: I believe this car was on ebay in the summer / fall of 2010.

Greg

green56

Car fopr sale

Iam out of Milwaukee I also Could Look At car if anybody wants I useto live up there were car is being sold

sportbronc

I went and looked at this last night. His name is Todd, very nice to talk with, he purchased it 6-7 years ago as it sits. It would make a good project for someone. Rust is in the typical spots, battery box and front door bottoms. Floors, torque boxes, quarters and frame rails all look good from what I could see. Body damage is limited to the left quarter and end cap (looks like it was hit light in the rear), front inner fender( I think it could be straightened without replacing), 2 large dents in the left roof(can be seen in teh pics) and hood. Interior is missing carpet, headliner, and dash. Grill, taillights, foglights, gauges, and other misc pieces are in trunk. He is fairly firm on the price. Sorry no pics, I did not have my camera with me. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Keith

nineofive

Hey Keith,

Thanks for the update. I need to think on it. Price seems a little steep when comparing to the red one owner CS that just sold on ebay for 6K - see thread "1968 GT/CS Project on E bay" posted by classicsguy on 2/3.

Greg

classicsguy

Nineofive you can always make an offer if you really like the car,the worst thing that he can say is no thanks.

classicsguy

Just noticed that the one owner car was bid to $5800 bu did not sell since it did not meet reserve and Buy it now price was $10k.

Ruppstang

Well looks like there will be another 68 GT-CS in Weeping Water NE. My dad came in the shop yesterday saying he bought the presidential blue GT-CS in Green Bay WI.
He has been enjoying the HCS restoration and I think he is a bit taken with the GT-CS style. He has two other early Mustangs. Looks like we need to plan another road trip. Marty

hookedtrout

That's awesome, I just love the Presidential Blue cars, can't wait to see it finished.

classicsguy

I agree that Presidential Blue is an awesome color. Would love to have a 1968 Mustang GT/CS in that color

Ruppstang

Well it is in the shed in Weepng Water now. We left at 4AM Thursday and ran through 320 miles of fog. Did not even see MN., WI. was not much better. We arived at 2:45 PM and were on our way back by 5PM. Keith's information was very good. The car was mostly rust free. It had never had seen northern roads and still had a AZ. title. It is the first car I have seen that had a heater delete. I will post the Marti Report and take some pictures latter. I also want to know how to search to see if it is in the regerstry? Marty

Attachments

• Dad's 68 GT-CS Marti report 001.jpg
    Dad's 68 GT-CS Marti report 001.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 48

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I also want to know how to search to see if it is in the regerstry? Marty
Congrats Marty to you and your dad on the new toy.

VIN 8R01C143536 is in the 1996 Registry book. Owner is listed as Jeree Hills III. Notes are: "Heater delete, Holley 600, GT-40 cam, Tri-Y headers, dual point ignition."

Ruppstang

Dad is happy to have it to work on and is all ready taking it apart. I thought I better get some pictures before it is dissasembled. Marty

Attachments

• Dad's 68 GT-CS 003.JPG
    Dad's 68 GT-CS 003.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Dad's 68 GT-CS 004.JPG
    Dad's 68 GT-CS 004.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Dad's 68 GT-CS 005.JPG
    Dad's 68 GT-CS 005.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Dad's 68 GT-CS 012.JPG
    Dad's 68 GT-CS 012.JPG