• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Stripe location

dalorzo_f

Getting ready to apply them and had then lined up by eye, then looked at the number in the book and quite different.

Ran a mockup with the numbers shown and the stripes looked a bit "off"... mostly the very front one.

Anyone got opinions on the values shown in "the book"? or compared them to a known original?

I would expect same variations as hand-applied on-the-line stripes were probably not 100% 1/16th / mm accurate car to car! :smile:

Ruppstang

When we stripped our car we found the dimensions for in front of the fender way off. We aliened it with the main stripe and it looked a lot better.
Marty

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Thanks for the input. That's where I saw the biggest issues too...

I initially had the strip way higher in the front. Did you straight-line the stripe front to rear, or dip it slightly in the front for visual alignment to the dip in the body line?

sam

Best to get it right...............I see several pics of California Specials and to me the stripes look too high. Good luck.

Ruppstang

We ended up using a laser line to get it strait based off the dimensions from the door.

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

I am doing the same! :smile:

They are handy little tools and make going around the lip of the fender easier than a string line!

Thanks for the feedback.