• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'68 floor console for sale

teamlo

I have a 1968 black automatic floor console that I'd like to sell. The console is complete, including rebuilt automatic transmission shifter (with deluxe T-handle), complete set of console radio knobs, new rear light assembly, all necessary wiring, new brushed aluminum shifter plate and slide, new actuating arm from shifter to light slide. It is finished in black and presents well for a 40+ year old piece. It does include the seat belt rubber cup inserts which are in good shape. The roll-up door looks nice. The padded radio faceplate is really nice.

The biggest issue with the console is that the base had been modified somewhat with a Dremel tool for some reason, underneath the main padding assembly (so it won't be visible when assembled). I believe that once the console is fully assembled and installed in the car, it won't be an issue. There are 2 small cracks on each side of the base which were repaired nicely and barely visible.

This would make a nice addition to a driven car. My car did not come with a console, so I have chosen to just add a removable TMI console instead. I can send multiple pictures of the console to anyone interested via email. I want you to be satisfied and not have any "surprises" when you receive it, so please request photos if you'd like.

I'd like to get $500 for the assembly with all parts mentioned above. The shifter and the radio knobs alone are worth a fair amount of money.

Thanks.

Terry

terry.h.hall@hitchcock.org

Last edited: