• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

hubcaps

roadbum

two weeks ago I had never heard of a GT/CS,then fate intervened and I am doing my homework before spending my money. Looking at a Britainny blue, #'s matching, as far as I can tell, CS. I don,t know the vin it was to dark the first time I saw her, but she has all the right parts. The problem is the wheels are some kind of funky cragar knockoffs that even I know aren't right. The present owner has 4 regular mustang hubcaps that he is calling " the originals". Help me out , could they be right? Oh, thanks in advance for the help I hope to get and the help your site has given me already

Midnight Special

Hubcaps... Do they look like this?

Attachments

• redHK.jpg
    redHK.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 20

somethingspecial

The one Tim posted above is the standard hubcap, but if the car came with styled steel wheels, it would use the 7inch dog dish hubcaps. These may or may not have had the red GT emblems in the center. They should also be accompanied with beauty rings. Again, These were only on the Styled Steel Wheels. Any of them are correct for the car. Sorry no picture. Tim, Can you help out with a picture. Perhaps one from your Midnight Special. Mike

OP
OP
R

roadbum

I think that might be it. I am going to see the car again on saturday and get the #s off it. I would be the thrid owner if I get it. The guy I am dealing with has had the car for 35 years. it has been repainted to the original color and has always been inside. This genleman is getting a little old and hasn't been in good health so the car does need some serious cleaning and a very few cosmetic fixes.he told me that the car had 7500 miles on it when he bought it and it now has 65000 on the meter. he wants a low teen figure for the car and if everything checks out it's mine. It is a 289, 3 speed.

Mosesatm

roadbum said:
......it now has 65000 on the meter. he wants a low teen figure for the car and if everything checks out it's mine. It is a 289, 3 speed.

That's a good price!

OP
OP
R

roadbum

Thanks guys, the gold one is it. Is there anything else I should know before I take a long walk in the moonlight with this lady.

coloradoHCS

Does it have a Marti report or any original paperwork? See if it already resides in Paul's registry. Price sounds good if it is a true GT/CS, so try to verify.
Mark

Mosesatm

There are a number of things we could tell you to look for but you still wouldn't know for sure if the car is a true GT/CS.

The best and quickest way to verify that the car is a real GT/CS is to order a Marti report. The report is based on the VIN. They can fax it to you if you are in a rush. Costs around $20. Either Google "Marti Report" or there might be a link under "Resouces" on the left side of this screen.

Mustanglvr

Yes, get a Marti report. There have been many an old man who thought they had an original GT/CS and turned out to be a clone, even if he bought it 35 years ago. You can still give us the vin mumber and data plate code numbers and we can decode it for you. It will tell you what the original colors are and the DSO, etc.
If the vin is in the registry book, that many of our members own, it would give a good sign that it is a GT/CS. But to be absolutely certain, the Marti report will tell.

Mustanglvr

roadbum said:
Oh by the way, Only been in Alabama for two years, I'm an ex wisconsinite,a.
Ron

Wow, thats great Ron! Its great to have you here on the site, dont ya know. I bet you`re not missing any of the weather up here, a?

mmarsalone

The hubcaps pictured above on the Gold car and the attachment are the Deluxe hubcaps. If they are the originals, your Marti report will say Deluxe hubcaps. The standard caps were a little more plain without the red center.

gtcs1

Photos of Deluxe Hubcaps

Midnight Special said:
////////////////////

///////////////////

Hi,
My car came originally with the Deluxe Hubcaps (Marti Report). When I purchased it this summer, it had the WireWheel hubcaps on, and I believe they've been on for most of its life.

I'm enclined to revert back to the correct ones. Before doing so, I 'd like to see few photos of GT/CS with them on, to really appreciate the look. My choice are leave the WireWheel on, go to the styled Wheel type, or go really original with the Deluxe ones. Since my car is all original, I lean towards the deluxe.

If you can help with various shots of GT/CS that bears the deluxe, would be really appreciated to help make up my mind. Any other advice?

OP
OP
R

roadbum

I don't know if I am qualified to give advice yet, but after looking at every pic on the web I think a nice understated wheel really sets these cars off nicely.

Mosesatm

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Shelby 10-Spokes :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

gtcs1

roadbum said:
I don't know if I am qualified to give advice yet, but after looking at every pic on the web I think a nice understated wheel really sets these cars off nicely.

Excuse my english, what do you mean by "Nice Understated Wheel".
Thanks