• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Search

Mustanglvr

Hey Jon, would it be possible to update the search engine on this site? I`m somewhat computer illiterate and can`t seem to get it to work right. It seems to be more complicated then it needs to be. I put in certain key words in parenthesis or whatever you call them and nothing comes up. Also its not accurate because there are alot of posts under what I`m looking for and hardly any of those come up. I guess I`m used to using Google and it is pretty simple. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rhonda

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately it's not a quick fix. The search part of this forum software sucks, to put it simply. :(

I plan on upgrading the entire forum to a different software, vBulletin. At the moment they're wrapping up a new version, so as soon as they release the final I'll switch over.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
As a side note, don't put your search term in parentheses. If you're looking for a phrase like "disc brakes" just type it in the search window and select "match as phrase" from the pulldown just to the right of the search window.

nfrntau

Will it be a painless seamless switch??

Will we have to go without our californiaspecial.com fix for a day or two :-[

admin

Staff member
Administrator
[quote author=nfrntau link=board=2;threadid=2122;start=0#msg14379 date=1126561782]
Will it be a painless seamless switch??
[/quote]
For me or for you? ;)

The forum will probably have to be down for a few hours. Usually I upgrade late at night, so hopefully the disturbance will be minimal.

case12

Jon, this is a good time to give you a great THANKS for this site. You do a lot of "behind the scenes" to keep this great community going glitch free. The calendar is another one that you do that is great. Many Thanks! Casey

6t8-390gt

Jon,
I would like to thank you as well, this is the only Mustang Forum I participate in, because I like the way it is set up and the ease of posting. Thanks for a job well done.

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Thanks, from me too Jon. Not only for the reply but for all the work you do on this great site. Rhonda