• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Hood vent colors

BigJim

What color are the hood vent (where the turn signals mount) screens painted (black or car color)?

franklinair

Correct. But I painted my hood T/S grills Argent. I like the contrast and think it looks better. JMHO.

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

p51

I've seen a couple of cars with the turn signal vents painted the same color as the stripes... personally, I like the look. The specific example I saw was a red car with black stripes and black turn signal vents.

dalorzo_f

+1 on same color as hood stripes, if applied. Other than that, body color.

Have seen quite a few cars where the insert and grille were chromed. Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

p51

I've seen a couple of cars with the turn signal vents painted the same color as the stripes... personally, I like the look. The specific example I saw was a red car with black stripes and black turn signal vents.

I did a little bit of photoshop-ing. Original. Black vents. Black vents, black vinyl top...

Attachments

• GTCS - original.jpg
    GTCS - original.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 32
  • GTCS - black vents.jpg
    GTCS - black vents.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 32
  • GTCS - black vents vinyl top.jpg
    GTCS - black vents vinyl top.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 35