• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Diamond Blue

Mustanglvr

Is Diamond Blue paint (code N) closer to a white color or is it more of a blue color? I see in the gallery that there are cars that say they are Diamond Blue (code N) but some are a dark blue and some are white. Rhonda

Mosesatm

Rhonda, this is totally off the subject but I noticed you are from Minnesota. There is a red/red GT/CS in a little town called Sabin (8 miles from Fargo). Original paint, interior, hoses, etc. Probably hasn't been driven in 30 years. Of course, the first thing out of the owner's mouth is "it's not for sale" but she was thrilled to show it to me once I told her that I didn't want to buy it...just wanted to look at it. If you ever find yourself in Sabin it's the 1st house to the East of the red house with the white fence (that's how small this town is folks). I stop in and see her every time I'm up there - just in case. Gotta have something to put that Nissan engine in. Just kidding - about the engine, not about the car.

Sorry for the ramble.

Anyway, back to the blue question. The paint usually looks light blue but how it looks depends on how it's applied and whether it's in the sun or the shade. Five painters can apply it and get 5 different colors from the same paint. Most of that is due to the color of the sealer and the pressure at the gun. If I'm not mistaken the original paint applied at the factory died quickly and flaked off thousands of cars. As the paint died it got chalkier and chalkier which made it whiter and whiter, so an older paint job will look whiter than a new paint job.

I know must of you keep your cars in a garage or covered in some way but that is especially important for light metallic colors and red. Sunlight kills those colors the fastest.

robynGTCS

Diamond blue is almost white. My car is supposed to be Diamond Blue. I bought it restored and I assume they painted it the correct color. It looks white in the sun in the shade you can see a hint of blue. Heres a picture. Other people have told me it's hard to tell the difference from white.

Attachments

• kimballs1.jpg
    kimballs1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Thanks for the info Mosesatm and RobinGTCS. Beautiful car Robin. I love that color. What threw me off was a car on page 5 in the gallery that is actually blue but is listed as Diamond blue. I am assuming the owner repainted it blue and the original color was Diamond blue.
Mosesatm, I found my car from a guy here in Minnesota who said it was fresh off a truck from Texas. I don`t know how he got it but I guess it has spent all its life in the Houston, Texas area. Is it warm down there today? We just had a blizzard. Not alot of snow here but 50 mile an hour winds and alot of drifting.
The lady by Fargo is pretty far away from me. I am in southwestern Minnesota and Minnesota is a long state. Its a long distance between the south and north border. But that lady kinda reminds me of myself. I live in a little town and my car is sitting out in the elements in a trailer park. You can`t imagine the people that stop by and want to buy my car. I guess they figure that I don`t know what it is or something. Some of them can be down right rude when I tell them its not for sale. Last summer I drove it to the gas station and I came home with 3 different business cards from people wanting me to keep their cards just in case I ever decided to sell it. From what I`ve been told their are only 3 GT/CS`s known in the state. People are crazy for these cars around here because they are so rare.
I know its crazy to let it sit out like it is but it will only be for a few more months till I find a place with a garage. I have a car cover but it doesn`t do much good.
Sorry I was so harsh about you considering putting a foreign motor in a Mustang. My parents were big into Fords and insisted that American made was always the best way to go. There is alot to be said about foreign cars, but putting a foreign motor in a Mustang is like putting a Yamaha engine in a Harley Davidson. It`s just not right, LOL.
Anyway, I also tend to ramble. ;D Rhonda

deestix

Diamond Blue is a beautiful color; it does look white from a distance, with just a hint of blue in it. When done right (there was one at Carlisle last year), it is stunning. Very subtle.