• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New 2005 mustang concept car

68sunlitgold

Everyone,
I know this is not a CS but I just had to post it here because I wanted to ask everyone if they see the resemblance to the 68 Shelby??? 8)
And since the Shelby is the big brother to the CS I thought it justified. Any comments on the car? I also posted a pic and a link.
Doug

http://www.stangnet.com/mustanggtconcept/

Attachments

• gtconcept2_1024a.jpg
    gtconcept2_1024a.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 19

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Not crazy about the car in general (think it looks too much like a Mercedes convertible) but those headlight buckets are straight out of the 67-68 stangs. :)

StraightSix

I love the car! The newest issue of Road & Track has a two-page spread on it (may not be on newsstands yet). The styling was taken directly from the 67-68 Mustang. I agree that the hood treatment looks like the Shelby. They went on to say that it's not the final design, and that the GT would look more agressive while the 6-cyl would look less agressive. Apparently this is something in the middle.

The best thing is that it gets the wife's stamp of approval -- she already wants one! I told myself I would never buy another new car (I've had 3 in the past 4 years ::)), but this may be the exception.

One thing... I've been trying my hand at fiberglass/carbon fiber fabrication. Were I to get this car, I would almost certainly look towards making a 2005 GT/CS! Wouldn't that be the cat's meow!

-Winston

RacingFan

I found these on a German site called www.ponysite.de Great site, also some super European models.

But on to more important things. I don't like the over all shape of the new "05", but the styling ques are right on. Hope you like the pics.

Attachments

• real2005bul.jpg
    real2005bul.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 115

StraightSix

I reread the article just now... actually, it's the Cobra that is supposed to look more agressive, and the V6 and GT will look less agressive. I doubt the latter in the case of the GT -- it usually has more agressive styling than the V6. I'll bet that the GT looks a LOT like the concepts, and the Cobra and V6 are steps up and down in agressiveness, respectively.

-Winston

rjw

In my opinion, the 67-68 styling cues are apparent but with an aggressive modern look. I really like the concept car, but have heard they are only thinking two seater....my vote is keep seating for four. Otherwise, I think it is an outstanding design!

x-codegtcs

Really cool. I wish the side body line was a little more original looking and the headlights look beady - too small for the face. However, the green-silver one further down looked like an Elenor...maybe Ford is watching what is happening to the market.

I agree the 4 seater needs to stay.