• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Special Purchase of GT/CS Diecast Model

68gt390

I have made this a special post outside of the GT/CS Diecast Model thread that was started earlier.

I talked with Greenlight LLC today and they will be arranging a special purchase for members of this site through http://www.diecastalley.com/
to ensure we all get the color's and quantity we want at a discount price.

Since Greenlight LLC has gone to this trouble to ensure we get our copies up front and at a discount, I would hope all members will order from this distributor. As I mentioned in the other thread, Diecast Alley will be the first distributor to receive the models. I will keep all appraised as to when we can expect to be able to place orders. If you wish to pre-order through the other distributor that was listed it will be at their price without any discount. The choice is yours.

Don :icon_ecst

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

For those who have not yet looked at Greenlight's website, the GT/CS model will not be out until summer 06. Please see the below link:

http://www.greenlighttoys.com/products.html?q=products&page=viewcat&catid=5&scaleid=1

I would suggest watching the link I posted earlier for diecast alley to see when they will be taking orders or check this thread from time to time. I will make a post as to when we can expect to place orders.

I would also like to add before anyone goes off on a tangent about the "mustang" script missing from the front fender area etc. etc., those issues have already been addressed. I purposely left it off my car because that's they way I wanted it. The model will have the correct script etc. The shot's you see on Greenlight's website are actual pictures of my cars, not the model.

Don

P

PNewitt

How Cool, Don!

I'll devote a page of the book to the die-cast GT/CS. We appreciate your work with them--as well as keeping up posted.

Paul N.

PFSlim

This is a good deal for us. Since they know we are passionate about the cars, it will give us an opportunity to order and know we are getting the amount and color of our choice.

A many thanks Don. You have been great help to all of us in keeping this thing going.

Paul

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Cory;
Think you can stand to have a "ROYAL MAROON" CS hanging around your place? Such a deal. Who knows you may even grow to like it. Anybody say repaint.

In all seriousness, I think this is a great deal for site members. I'm sure we all will save a few bucks as compared to buying them at distributor prices. I'm just glad I finally got a company to listen to all my ranting and raving about how great I thought the CS and Coupe Mustangs are. I also know this will be a great money maker for Greenlight. My hat is off to Greenlight for their insight into making this model and allowing us to make a group purchase through one of their distributors. And a huge thanks to all site members for hanging in there through this whole process. It has truely been a pleasure for me and I've even managed to learn a few things about how the process of getting something completed from the beginning. Again, thanks to all of you, Jon and Paul for your paitence.

Don :grin:

Jayscal

When I clicked on the link that had the bigger picture of the maroon GT/CS, I noticed that the script on the driver side rear quarter was wrong. Didn't anyone else notice this. Ohh boy... I hope this gets fixed before production starts. :scared:

BroadwayBlue

Jayscal said:
When I clicked on the link that had the bigger picture of the maroon GT/CS, I noticed that the script on the driver side rear quarter was wrong. Didn't anyone else notice this. Ohh boy... I hope this gets fixed before production starts. :scared:

I believe the pictures on the greenlight site are actually of Don's cars and not the diecast model. Don like I have had the script mounted incorrectly at some point along the way. Don on the drivers side and mine on the passenger side. Something I'll address in the future when a paint job is done.

I think it was in the other thread though that it was mentioned that those things will be or already have been addressed.

Rich

BroadwayBlue

Not to be greedy but as a diecast collector and Mustang fanatic I need to ask.

Is it going to be possible to get some of the 68 coupe models (non GT/CS version) through the special purchase as well?

Rich

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

BroadwayBlue said:
Not to be greedy but as a diecast collector and Mustang fanatic I need to ask.

Is it going to be possible to get some of the 68 coupe models (non GT/CS version) through the special purchase as well?

Rich

Rich;
Don't know about that one but, I'll check it out and find out for you. I don't see why that would be a problem since the GT version will be out first. Once I get an answer I'll post it.

To answer the question about the script being wrong, your right on line Rich, that problem has already been addressed. I to as you have already mentioned will correct that at a later time frame when and if the paint has to be redone.

Don

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

UPDATE:
Just so everyone is aware, Paul and myself have recently reviewed the first shot's of the GT/CS diecast model and I think Paul will agree with me they look pretty good. We have submitted our list of what we both feel needs to be changed to Greenlight and have been assured these changes will be made prior to final go on the model. Also, please do not ask that they be posted here on the site. I have been asked to not post them at this time. But, eventually they will make there way here and I'm also sure that Paul will include a few of the shots in his upcoming registery. Please check back to this thread from time to time for more updates and information.

Don

case12

Don, I can't wait to order mine. Your probably mentioned this already, but I assume the doors and hood open? Casey

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

case12 said:
Don, I can't wait to order mine. Your probably mentioned this already, but I assume the doors and hood open? Casey

Casey;
I haven't mentioned it before but, you are correct. The trunk also will open with full working suspension.

Don