• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Question for '07-'08 Owners: Window Decal??

P

PNewitt

OK, it's going to happen.... I'm going to make the late model window decal and batch it in with the '68 decals next week.

I would like to know from the late model owners:

-- Is gold and black OK?

-- Is round OK? oval, or square, triangular or another shape?

-- What side of the car would you like on the decal? Side view, rear, front or 3/4 view of front or rear? (I will include the new stripe graphics).

-- I was going to include a small '68 CS in the background to hint of the original one, to honor it's heritage.

-- Anything else you'd like to see on this decal? Remember--it has to be kinda simple. What about this web address?

This decal will be a great way to get late model owners to join the registry, (and it's one more thing that the Roush and Saleen and Shelby cars won't have on them...LOL)

I'd love to hear your comments and ideas. Time is of the essence, so get your thoughts posted here ASAP.

thanks!!

Paul N.

p.s. I'm also doing a CX-1 Decal for High Performance GT/CSs, same decal will be used for both for '68 and '07-'08s with HP parts on it.

koronen

-Gold and black to me is great, but I have a black car and am thinking about getting gold side stripes
-Whichever shape is fine
-3/4 front
-Would be awesome
-Website would be cool too.

Lol, I was just about to ask about the CX-1 decal. Were you still going to have CX-2 for second generation cal specials?

Caligirl

*Gold & Black is OK-my Cali is Vista Blue so should look ok
*Prefer round but oval would be ok also
*3/4 view front
*love the 68 in the background
*web address ok

I don't seem to be in on the mailings. How will we know when these decals are ready and how to get them? Can't wait to see them. :smile:

Thanks,
Linda

joedls

OK, it's going to happen.... I'm going to make the late model window decal and batch it in with the '68 decals next week.

I would like to know from the late model owners:

-- Is gold and black OK? Yes

-- Is round OK? oval, or square, triangular or another shape? Round

-- What side of the car would you like on the decal? Side view, rear, front or 3/4 view of front or rear? (I will include the new stripe graphics). 3/4 front

-- I was going to include a small '68 CS in the background to hint of the original one, to honor it's heritage. Yes

-- Anything else you'd like to see on this decal? Remember--it has to be kinda simple. What about this web address? Yes for address if it doesn't clutter

This decal will be a great way to get late model owners to join the registry, (and it's one more thing that the Roush and Saleen and Shelby cars won't have on them...LOL)

I'd love to hear your comments and ideas. Time is of the essence, so get your thoughts posted here ASAP.

thanks!!

Paul N.

p.s. I'm also doing a CX-1 Decal for High Performance GT/CSs, same decal will be used for both for '68 and '07-'08s with HP parts on it.

See comments above

Ladystang

Oval is fine.
3/4 view
Black & gold O.K.
Club web address-good idea to draw more members in.

Sounds like a good idea Paul. Will be waiting for more info to purchase this.

albegtcs

Black and gold is good

3/4 front

small "68 in the backgroud excellent

Web site address good Idea if it will fit

Oval or round for a shape

Once you have the prototype could you post it so we could see what it looks like ??

GTCS07

I like all the above except silver/gray with black would match my colors better. It would probably end up under the hood somewhere (my windows are louvered) so it's not a big deal. I really like having the '68 with it.

kjmcnally

Paul, I like the idea of the CX-1 decal for the High Performance GT/CS since I have added the Ford Racing Power Upagrade package on my CS. Black on gold is OK but I would prefer black on white. Oval is good and I would probably put it on the rear window. Let me know how I can get one.

Ken

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I just, last week got permission from Galpin Ford to use the CX-1 name. I think I'll stick with that (and not CX-2, because it's confusing).

Quick question-- would you want a separate 2007, and a 2008 decal? I might be able to get production numbers on 2007, and maybe 2008 for the decal.

Or--are you OK with a combo 2007-2008 decal as one?

The CX-1 decal will be a rectangle, and in gold and black also, and it will say "CX-1, California Xperimental ONE, HIGH PERFORMANCE

(the '68 version will be in 60's graphics, and the 2007-2008 version will be in contemporary graphics--like the lettering on the side stripe. We could indicate in the registry of it's a CX-1, too!!)

OK?

Paul N.

aemoo28

Yay hoooray yay!
Gold & blk is perfect. I think side view, front is good since it may show a hint of the CS stripe and side vent. Yes on the '68 image. YES on the website.

YES I want a separate 2008 decal (2 of them) because it's really the 40th anniversary edition of the '68 CS please, and no offense intended to the '07.

I plan to supercharge, is that the CX thing?

I was just bragging to my Roush buddy that I will have a CS window decal and engine plaque and he won't!! It's a never ending competition... :tongue:

Mustanger

I just, last week got permission from Galpin Ford to use the CX-1 name. I think I'll stick with that (and not CX-2, because it's confusing).

Quick question-- would you want a separate 2007, and a 2008 decal? I might be able to get production numbers on 2007, and maybe 2008 for the decal.

Or--are you OK with a combo 2007-2008 decal as one?

The CX-1 decal will be a rectangle, and in gold and black also, and it will say "CX-1, California Xperimental ONE, HIGH PERFORMANCE

(the '68 version will be in 60's graphics, and the 2007-2008 version will be in contemporary graphics--like the lettering on the side stripe. We could indicate in the registry of it's a CX-1, too!!)

OK?

Paul N.

Paul,
In your earlier thread, you stated,"I'm wondering if anyone out there knows about this GT/CS CX-1, and if anyone in Los Angeles might remember this special edition. it was either a one-off, or they may have built a few for sales."

Any new info on this? Just curious ...

hotrodgrany

Black and gold is good

3/4 front

small "68 in the backgroud excellent

Web site address good Idea if it will fit

Oval or round for a shape

Once you have the prototype could you post it so we could see what it looks like ??

I agree with you, let us know so we can get our order in.