• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

67 Deluxe Door Panel Question

68 GTCS

Someome had already installed 67 deluxe dash pieces in my CS, so I wanted to finish installing the 67 deluxe door panels to match. But for some reason I cannot find the inserts that go in around the door handles. I finally figured out that the door cups were the same as the 65-66 pony door cups, but I cannot find anyone that sells the 67 deluxe door handle inserts. Does anyone know where to find these inserts,or if anyone has a used set I can purchase?
Its kinda strange they show every year but 67.

Thanks,
Kevin

68gt390

Kevin;
Call KAR at 1-800-341-5949 and ask for Kevin or George. I have gotten a lot of my parts from them and they are great folks to deal with. If they don't have what your looking for they can more than likely put you in touch with someone who does have what you need. Hope this helps. P.S. - Tell them Don sent you. Forgot to mention, they are on the eastern time zone. Ohio.

Don :wink:

RedGTvert

Someome had already installed 67 deluxe dash pieces in my CS, so I wanted to finish installing the 67 deluxe door panels to match. But for some reason I cannot find the inserts that go in around the door handles. I finally figured out that the door cups were the same as the 65-66 pony door cups, but I cannot find anyone that sells the 67 deluxe door handle inserts. Does anyone know where to find these inserts,or if anyone has a used set I can purchase?
Its kinda strange they show every year but 67.

Thanks,
Kevin

Good luck finding them. I had to re-use my originals. They are not available even in repop form.

OP
OP

68 GTCS

I figured that was the case, I tried about 12 vendors. I don't even have a set of used. They make everything else but those. I heard California Mustang used to have them but not anymore. If I would have known I would have found a set (before) I bought and installed these high $$$$$$ panels.

Kevin

RedGTvert

I figured that was the case, I tried about 12 vendors. I don't even have a set of used. They make everything else but those. I heard California Mustang used to have them but not anymore. If I would have known I would have found a set (before) I bought and installed these high $$$$$$ panels.

Kevin

Kevin, it may not hurt to post on VMF Parts Wanted section. You would be surprised at how many people have oddball stuff like that laying around.

You would think with all the door panels sold, they would either reproduce those things or ship them with the panels. It drive me crazy sometimes, they will reproduce a door panel and not produce all the supporting hardware.

P

PNewitt

You might give Tony Branda a call, they're known as Branda Performance, in Altoona, PA. www.cobranda.com, or 1-800-458-3477 Be sure to get a catalog, every CS owner should have one, too! Tell them I sent you...(too!). They love GT/CS owners. Really nice folks!

They may have them, because its a '67 Shelby item.

BTW-- I always liked the '67 deluxe panels; a lot more than the deluxe '68s.

Paul N.

OP
OP

68 GTCS

I appreciate the info. I'll check into it and see what I can find out. That is frustrating trying to find a obsolete part. I never even gave it a second thought when I ordered everything. Now watch, I'll go nuts finding a set, and then 6 months from now I'll come accross a dozen of them at a garage sale for 5 bucks. :rolleyes:
Thanks,
Kevin