• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

To Have or Have Not---GT Stripes

Redwingrobb

I've pretty much finalized the paint job that will be done to my CS next month and I'm on the fence about something--I'm considering putting GT Stripes on the hood of my car. The car will be painted Wimbleton White (like it currently is) with red side stripes replacing my current maroon (incorrect) stripes. I've seen a few CS's on the site and I really think they look pretty good, but am worried about the resale value and whether this "option" was a point of contention among CS enthusiasts. I guess to each their own, but I wanted y'alls two cents. Robb

68gt390

Robb;
GO FOR IT - Heck I'm the one that talked you into buying your CS and you've had it how long now? Put the red stripes on it. As for resale - it's not going to make that much of a difference. I say do it.

Don :grin:

P

PNewitt

As far as I know, red stripes were only on cars with red interiors. Maybe the exception is black on black with red stripes (Amy...ignore what you just read).

Are you asking about putting red dual stripes on the louvered hood? or low gloss black?

If it's red hood stripes, I'm personally against it. But the black hood stripes look great. Just my opinion.

Paul N.

franklinair

I prefer only two colors on a car, rather than multiple. White paint with red C/S striping to match the red interior looks great. Adding a black GT hood stripe would (in my opinion) be too many colors. I'd go for a red GT hood stripe myself (even though it wouldn't be politically correct!). You could always change to black if you don't like it. Bottom line - it's your car - build it the way you want it.

Neil

PS: Remember the hood stripe paint is a satin rather than gloss.

aemoo28

I'm always listening & lurking in the background...

As far as I know, red stripes were only on cars with red interiors. Maybe the exception is black on black with red stripes (Amy...ignore what you just read).QUOTE]

WELL to be correct, I should put the black stripes on then? To honor the black interior on my "formerly known as Pebble (puke) Beige" car?

I say to do what is in your heart. If you have an image of how your Special should look, do it. We'll know it's you on the road when we see you.

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

Yes, I've got a red interior and I thought the red interior, red side stripe and red stripes on the hood would look cool. Thanks...

Thanks Neil. I didn't know that the hood stripes were satin....Robb

dpheyes

Stripes make it go faster!

My Candy Apple Red car is in the paint shop right now in Tucson. It originally had Parchment interior, but I settled on a two-tone red & white interior. I also decided to put the Shelby style stripes on. They will be white to match the side stripes. I'm also extending them all the way to the bottom of the front and rear fascias.

I also decided to do a clearcoat finish on the whole car. The stripes will be painted on and then the whole car gets it's clearcoat job.

I realize it won't be stock but:
1. The car will be in Alaska and the weather is tough.
2. It will probably never see a show.
3. I believe that it's a legitimate "dealer option" that many Mustang owners probably had done.
4. They increase your top speed by at least 20-30 MPH! :grin:
4. And most importantly - I love the way they look! (My wife hates them, but...) :wink:

So Robb: Go for it!

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

dpheyes, looking forward to the finished product. Moving ahead w/the stripes!!

hotrodgrany

If you aren't sure, maybe decals would be the way to go, so if you don't like it, they can be removed. just my 2 cents worth. What ever color you choose, is up to you.