• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS on the block - Mecum Auction in Florida

BroadwayBlue

I was watching the Mecum Auction from Kissimmee, FL on the HD Theater channel tonight.

The opening of the show had a few shots of a Red CS with black stripes and a black vinyl roof. I checked out the website and it was scheduled to go on the block today (Friday 1/23). It was Lot F81. Nice looking car!

Is it someone from the site?

I don't know what it sold for yet. No results on the site yet for this one.

I'm watching the repeat of the coverage now and they're up to Lot F200+, looks like it was on the block before the TV coverage started.

You can check it out if you login on the Mecum site. It's free to sign up. Majority of the information is below. There are a few more pics on the site.

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0109-76718&entryRow=150

1968 Ford Mustang 289 Automatic

- Marti Report
- California Special
- Frame on Restoration
- 325 were painted Candy Apple Red
- 31 Black vinyl Roofs
- 8 had a Console (of 2 were Tilt Steering Wheel)
- 1 of those had Argent Styled Steel Wheels
- THIS IS THAT MUSTANG

Here's the main site -

http://www.mecum.com

Attachments

• FL0109-76718_2.jpg
    FL0109-76718_2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Sold...

They posted the results this morning.

The car sold for $25,500

I think that's pretty good based on how the current market seems to be lately.

There were a lot of nice cars on the auction last night that went for under $20,000.