• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Coolest Modification

PFSlim

Thought we should start a new thread on the coolest modification you have done to your GT/CS or HCS??

The first one that comes to my mind is adding the tach where the clock is typically located. We did not have a clock originally in our car and we wanted a tach, and we wanted the tach to look like it belonged. Therefore, we added the Jeep CJ tach to our instrument panel and love the way is looks and works. I have attached a couple of pictures.

So, lets here it... What was your coolest modification??

Paul

Attachments

• Stang438a.JPG
    Stang438a.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 51
  • Stang439.JPG
    Stang439.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 51

CALIF GIRL

My valve covers have my initals on them....

Attachments

• 2valve.JPG
    2valve.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 32

hookedtrout

My son would assure you it is the Boom Stereo, as he calls it. Alpine deck, Rockford Fosgate amp and RF speakers throughout, crystal clear classic rock as loud as you want it and I don't care how ugly the speakers in the back deck look or the bass speakers in the trunk next to the amp. It makes my cruising around that much more fun as I like my music. If I ever get real serious about a restoration and go back to all original it will fit just nice as nice in the Jeep and then I will actually be able to hear the stereo while in the Jeep.

Cory

68gt390

Even though it's not finished yet, for me it would have to be replacing the 390 with a 428 CJ. I am taking plenty of pictures and will post once everything comes together. It's really starting to kill me walking into the garage and seeing the block, heads and other assorted parts sitting on the garage floor. Not to mention the parts I've got stored under the bed in each bedroom. :grin: Now that warmer weather is finally getting here it's almost time to start. Picked-up the fuel pump, head stud kit, master cylinder and brake plumbing kit for it today from Jeg's. Can't wait to get this puppy on the road.

Don

390cs68rcode

I would have to second the tach thing. I added the one that looks a little more original (guy sells them on Ebay from Australia).

or.........

the day I bohght my 68 Cobra Jet fastback. :grin:

Perkchiro

Shelby 10 spoke wheels, White face guages, custom wood steering wheel, Cobra Valve covers, USA 6 stereo head unit and accompanying 6 disc CD changer, and best of all? Internal engine performance tweeking nobody can see:wink:
Steve

joedls

Holley 174 supercharger & CJ-type hood scoop.

Attachments

• blower.jpg
    blower.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 43
  • scoop.JPG
    scoop.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 40

bbeatty

I’d have to say my favorite modification is my umbrella!:icon_lol: :rofl: :icon_lol:

As you can see, my lovely wife likes it as well!

Attachments

• missle.jpg
    missle.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Love that paint job Brian B and the suit!! For those of you that don't know Brian B, the guy in the suit is much better looking!!!

Paul

bbeatty

PFSlim said:
For those of you that don't know Brian B, the guy in the suit is much better looking!!!

Paul

Ouch! :cry: That hurts because that's what my real wife said too!:musicbooh

I do love the suit though! :pimp:

hookedtrout

joedls said:
Holley 174 supercharger & CJ-type hood scoop.

So far I vote you the winner with the coolest mod. For being such a blue kind of a guy, every time I see your white car with the hood scoop...

Cory

nfrntau

bbeatty said:
I’d have to say my favorite modification is my umbrella!:icon_lol: :rofl: :icon_lol:

As you can see, my lovely wife likes it as well!

Where are the boots? How can you where a cowboy hat and sit in a saddle with no boots??

gt bandit

competiton or Info?

joedls said:
Thanks Cory. I kinda like it myself :grin:

Crew , if this is a competition then Joe wins hands down :cool: :cool: -

but its a great thread for creating ideas for others. keep them coming , some of us need inspiration. :scared:

joedls

gt bandit said:
Crew , if this is a competition then Joe wins hands down :cool: :cool: -

but its a great thread for creating ideas for others. keep them coming , some of us need inspiration. :scared:

I don't know. That "little modification" from a J code to an R code is right up there, if you ask me.

Mustanglvr

joedls said:
I don't know. That "little modification" from a J code to an R code is right up there, if you ask me.

If you`re talking about Don`s car then that would be an S code to an R code. I think thats even more gutsy.:icon_ecst

joedls

Mustanglvr said:
If you`re talking about Don`s car then that would be an S code to an R code. I think thats even more gutsy.:icon_ecst

I was actually talking about GT Bandit's car, but Don's would also qualify.