• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007 Gt/cs Hcs August Bbq

somethingspecial

Happy New Year to all of you. It is now 2007, and time to announce the Second Annual 2007 GT/CS, HCS August BBQ at my home in Chicago Park, Ca.
This is set for August 18th, 2007, and put on by my wife and I, Tim O'Brien and family and open to all owners of GT/CS, and HCS mustangs. This BBQ is for all of us to get to know each other and have a great day sharing our enthusiasm for these great cars.
Last Year, we made history having the largest reunion of GT/CS mustangs since the factory. We had 17 GT/CS mustangs, 1 Clone, three Mach 1 Mustangs, and a Cobra replica. 53 great folks attended, and devoured 10 Tri-Tip roasts, lots of chicken, and lots and lots of other great dishes. Lots of new friendships were made.
This year, I hope to see some HCSs, and maybe some new GT/CS representation. If someone has a 68 Shelby mustang, We would like to see you as well.
This is just the first of many announcements. Hope to see you there. Mike and Robinette Jewell

Midnight Special

Photos and comments from last year...

joedls said:
It's already on my calendar. Can't wait.

Real Magic!! Please review the attached threads for details. Mike is once again going all out for another exciting "Mustang Summer"! In the coming months, we'll keep you posted on developments and accomodations for what can be another history making event!

All we need is You! :)

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/t3658-nor-cal-gtcs-bbq.html

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3663

Sarge

Mike and Robinette,
I too have the calendar circled as a "must do" event. For those who don't know, Mike and Robinette sent out an extremely cool Xmas Card that was "California Special"... One of the photo shots from way up on the Apple Orchard ladder overlooking all of the cars. I have kept the card, and will find a way to incorporate it in all of the GT/CS memorabilia that I have collected along the years.

Just one thing... I feel that the financial burden for the most excellent dinner was shared by just a few, and I would like to help out more (ok, I brought a few loaves of garlic bread, but that doesn't even equate to a tri-tip). Lets try to "share the cost" and not make it a burden on the few. And Donna, make sure you are packing that fire extinquisher!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

Robert

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Robert, Tim, and All. Thank you for the very kind sentiments, We look forward to seeing you ALL here in August. Mike and Robinette.

68gt390

Mike;
My son is moving to Modesto, CA with his job in February so this will be great for me. I plan on taking 2 weeks vacation and flying out to visit him this summer so, I'll just plan my trip around August 18th. Am looking foward to meeting other members of the site. Just wish I could pack my car with me. I haven't been in Cali since I retired from the Air Force in 1990. This will be a great trip.

Don :cool:

68gt390

joedls said:
Hey Don,

I can pick you up on my way there, if you need a ride to the BBQ.

Joe;
That sounds great. Don't know how far you are from Chicago Park, CA but, I'm sure my son wouldn't mind you staying at his house if you wanted to drive up early. He just got his house in NC sold today and is flying out Monday to get everything finalized on his new home in Modesto. I checked map quest and he's located 125 miles south of Chicago Park. This is gonna be great -I'm already excited.

Don :icon_ecst

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Don, That is fantastic. We look forward to meeting you. Joe, Thanks for picking him up. Mike and Robinette.

joedls

68gt390 said:
Joe;
That sounds great. Don't know how far you are from Chicago Park, CA but, I'm sure my son wouldn't mind you staying at his house if you wanted to drive up early. He just got his house in NC sold today and is flying out Monday to get everything finalized on his new home in Modesto. I checked map quest and he's located 125 miles south of Chicago Park. This is gonna be great -I'm already excited.

Don :icon_ecst

You might even have to drive the blown 347 (for scientific reasons of course) to compare with your 428 CJ.

68gt390

Joe;
I checked mapquest and they show 2 Lake Forrest CA locations. One in Orange County and one in Placer County. Which one is yours?

We are always open to "scientific research". :grin: :grin: :grin:

I feel like a little kid in the candy store again. :eek:

Don

68gt390

somethingspecial said:
Don, That is fantastic. We look forward to meeting you. Joe, Thanks for picking him up. Mike and Robinette.

Mike;
If you or your wife like a particular type of wine let me know. I'm sure I can fill that order fairly easy. My son already is making plans for some wine tasting were he works while I'm there. I still remember (just barely) our last trip to a wine tasting event back in NC in 2004. This should be an interesting 2 week vacation.

joedls

68gt390 said:
Joe;
I checked mapquest and they show 2 Lake Forrest CA locations. One in Orange County and one in Placer County. Which one is yours?

We are always open to "scientific research". :grin: :grin: :grin:

I feel like a little kid in the candy store again. :eek:

Don

I'm in Orange County

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Don, Robinette and I have never turned down a good White Zinfandel. Thanks, Mike
ps, I have seen Joe doing some scientific research on how friction and heat melt certain rubber compounds. I was once contracted by GoodYear to do some of the same research using my highly calibrated test vehicle, a 95 Trans Am convertible, Yes Joe, I have a couple of ragtops myself. First gear applied 161 feet of research material on the test platform. LOL. This is great. I hope more can make it. Mike

68gt390

Unfortunately I won't be able to bring my test vehicle. Oh well. Am looking forward to meeting everyone. See ya in August.

Midnight Special

68gt390 said:
Unfortunately I won't be able to bring my test vehicle. Oh well. Am looking forward to meeting everyone. See ya in August.

...Don. lets have Joe bring you to my house. We'll have a more "docile" CS ready for you to drive to Mike's after eliminating so many Chevys b/w here and Modesto! Hopefully, Donna & Tim can make it too for another "formation flight" out to Chicago Park :))

Attachments

• DSC_0602.jpg
    DSC_0602.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 35

68gt390

Tim;
That sounds good to me. I know my son has said he just wants to see a bunch of CS's. He said he already knows what mine looks like now he wants to see what other folks do with their cars. At least he's in the right part of the country now to see some other CS's. He keeps asking me when I'm going to give him the car. At least I know he'll take care of her when he does get her down the road. Heck, this may be my maiden voyage to pick a spot where I might retire at in a few more years. I know one thing and that's that I'm not staying in Ohio. I want some sun and heat for a change.

P

PNewitt

don't turn that key...yet!

"Everyone that wants Mike (Something Special) Jewell to WAIT until the party...all the way until August... to TURN that ignition KEY (!!) for the first time on his 390 4/spd. GT-GT/CS--raise their hand!"

( lemme see...1-2-...3-...6-..9...23...45) OK!

....(Just pulling your tilt wheel cable, MIKE...LOL!!)

I'll be there....and I'll have some surprises.

Paul (FoMoCo) N. !!

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

FoMoCo

For those who are wondering why Paul signed his last post FoMoCo, it is because he heard about my wife telling the NPD salesman when she ordered some concours parts for me that she was "Sick of FoMoCo". Thank god she was kidding. Well, I hope she was kidding. LOL. Mike
ps, Paul, We WILL discuss your comment about me waiting until August to turn the key. Mike