• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Worm in oil laying on floor ???

gtcs1

No it's not a joke, a real question.

My car has a small oil leak I see on the floor while taking the Mustang out after winter.

I see small stuff in it, many tiny worms. Wondering what this is. Looked thru the internet , just found 1 site talking about it.

http://jalopnik.com/help-us-solve-the-mystery-of-the-motor-oil-worms-1770467038

Any advice as to what this is?

Also what is the best current oil and antifreeze you use in our 68 gtcs
(also for my 73) ? I'm gonna change all the fluids soon.

Thanks
gtcs1

stangfan

I think there is a very logical explanation for the worms. If your car is in a typical garage with an overhead garage door, the worms come out of the ground when it rains heavily enough for the ground to get saturated. They crawl along on the pavement and sometimes come up against the bottom edge of the door. Because they are small and pretty squishy, they can get right under the door. I find them on my garage floor all the time. They are usually dried up and hard. If your car has an oil leak, the ones that end up in the oil puddles will stay hydrated even though they are dead. :grin:

I use 4 litres of GTX 10/30 in my GT/CS, along with 500 ml of EOS to replace the zinc no longer in the oil.

For antifreeze, good old Prestone.

OP
OP
G

gtcs1

I think there is a very logical explanation for the worms. If your car is in a typical garage with an overhead garage door, the worms come out of the ground when it rains heavily enough for the ground to get saturated. They crawl along on the pavement and sometimes come up against the bottom edge of the door. Because they are small and pretty squishy, they can get right under the door. I find them on my garage floor all the time. They are usually dried up and hard. If your car has an oil leak, the ones that end up in the oil puddles will stay hydrated even though they are dead. :grin:

I use 4 litres of GTX 10/30 in my GT/CS, along with 500 ml of EOS to replace the zinc no longer in the oil.

For antifreeze, good old Prestone.

The worms I see are max .50" straight, but they're in a curved shape in a small arc about a .25" dia circle.

What is EOS?

Thanks for your reply.

franklinair

In the south, we call them earthworms. They apparently slithered into the puddled oil and died.
I like Castrol multi grade oil plus the zinc additive.

Neil

Ruppstang

I think it is always good all of the worms out of the car.
You should be good! Or was that bugs?